Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a credit card, question about payments

Options
  • 20-11-2007 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Say if I go and use it now online and buy something for €50. Can I then pay €50 onto that account via AIB internet banking straight away. Or do I have to wait until I get my monthly bill from them and then pay it?

If I can do the former, do I just add the account through "add bill" and then lodge money in there as and when I use their credit?

As an aside, if that is the case, can I also pay a load of money into, say, my eircom account and let it sit there until the next bill comes around?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can pay your credit card bill any time you like, you don't have to wait until you get your statement. You can also pay more than your balance and run a credit balance if you like. Don't know anything about AIB internet banking so can't help you there.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a credit balance with Eircom, but you'd be losing out on any interest you might have earned had you left it until the bill was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I would recommend letting one DD go through, just so you can assure yourself that it is working.

Personally I pay off the visa purchases online before the bill appears, but sometimes depending on holidays etc I miss it a month, in which case the DD gets triggered.

Using AIB internet banking you do "pay bill" and you select from current and to visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

i haven't got direct debit set up on mine actually. I'll just pay it manually and use it kind of like a debit card. It's really only for online shops that don't take Laser.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

As regards the credit card payment, you can lodge as much and whenever you want - it will appear on you credit card statement as a credit transaction towards your balance.

To set a bill up on 24 hour banking select add bill and follow instructions. Next time you go in to your account to pay a bill that bill will appear under your drop down box as a bill you can pay to. (you will need your bill reference number/account number to set your bill up initially)

If you pay more than your balance on a bill (say Eircom) your next bill from them will have a credit balance.

Thanks for all the help. So I'm going to have to wait for my first bill no matter what (so I can set up the account on my internet banking).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

You dont say who your CC account is with, but if with Tesco Pesonal Finance, for some reason the sort code/account number on the Bank Giro on the bottom of the statement is not the one to use for electronic payments - you will need to ring them for the details

It's an AIB visa card.

Advertisement