Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Stone 1GB

Options
  • 20-11-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I bought a 1GB Creative Stone for my Mum for Christmas. I wanted to put some music on it for her before she opened it but I'm having trouble. When I first plugged it in it said 'Your hardware did not install properly'. I downloaded 'Creative Media Lite' but it won't open unless the player is unplugged. It opened once when it was plugged in but then I couldn't transfer songs. On top of that the computer often doesn't register that I've plugged the player in which is very annoying. I have a Creative Zen V Plus myself which works fine. Could it be interfering with this one? Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hmmm, have you tried plugging the Stone into another computer ? - just to see there's nothing wrong with the player itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Will try that tomorrow in college. It charges fine when it's plugged in. I tried to uninstall the player but can't actually find it on the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I use a Stone, Stone Plus and 2 Zen Ms off my laptop and they don't interfere
    with each other.

Can you see the Stone in Explorer or when you click on 'My Computer'
    as an additional drive? You don't have to use Creative Media Lite as you
    can just drag and drop using Explorer.

Just been on their website and tried to format it and it won't work. Will try it in college and if that doesn't work I'll return to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

ergonomics wrote: »
    Will try that tomorrow in college. It charges fine when it's plugged in. I tried to uninstall the player but can't actually find it on the computer.

You don't install the player as such - it's not a program.
    Your PC just recognises it as a device/external drive.
    Try uninstalling the Creative Media Lite, reboot the PC/Laptop
    and then reconnect the Stone.

Have you fully charged it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭smilingeyerish

hey ergonomics! i wanted to get one of them but i can only find 2g ones in shops, did you get yours on the internet? if not where you get it and how much? id rather just go into a shop...

in terms of your problem, the post above this explains what i have read about the stone. its like using a USB key supposedly.

Computer doesn't recognise it as a piece of hardware, that's why I downloaded media lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Is there a recover or restore mode or something? check manual/creative website. My zen mas acting the maggot a while ago and i had to reset it into recovery mode (i think) and format and reload firmware. Not sure how relevant this is to your stone, but have a poke around creative site/forums etc and you might find some help....i did!

Just an update. Tried the Creative in college yesterday and it didn't work and just made the computers freeze! Brought it back to the shop and apprehensively accepted another one. Figured I'd have the same problems but everything is working great. Got the music on and everything! Very happy with it now it's working, can't wait to give it to my Mum!

Advertisement