Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending money to the UK

Options
  • 20-11-2007 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

hi, can anyone tell me the cheapest way to send money to the uk.

i'd like to send 2k, euro, to my sister.

i was looking at paypal... but theres some sort of currency conversion charge....

any advice.

i'm asuming my bank, ptsb, wouldn't be able to transfer it to her account, BOI.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can transfer between Irish banks without a problem (assuming you mean the BOI account is an Irish one, that she can take out money from when in the UK) - telephone or online banking can do that without issue.

If she has a UK account, you can transfer to her by getting her BIC and IBAN (it'll be printed on her statements) and contact your bank. They can do a transfer to it that will only take a few days and shouldn't cost to much. Telephone banking may be able to do it for you..if not, your branch certainly can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

The price charged bty Permanent TSB for this cross border/international transfer, has to be the same as what Permanent TSB would charge if you asked them to transfer money to another Irish bank.
    That was 1 benefit to joining the EU!

Advertisement