Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Talk / MSN / SKype

Options
  • 20-11-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Maybe wrong place .. but if i block people on googletalk or MSN messenger
    I can still email them and they email me yes ??

the block is for messaging only ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wow, what a thread.

Question asked at 15.01. 11 minutes later an answer is given by a sober Terry. That answer is one word and 3 letters long, yet it does everything it should do.

OP walks away happy. He's had his question answered, he hasn't got called a spanner or a dope and best of all he's had his question answered by a Mod. No smart arsed replies, no confusion, no problem.

Thread of the Year.

Indeed.
    Now follow the instructions in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You're not going be all sober and competent for the whole voting process are you?

No.
    I may even be drunk in a few hours.

If not tonight, then definitely tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Now follow the instructions in my sig.
    Sorry Terry but Pighead can't give you his vote. Its not that you're not deserving of the title of "Best Mod in the World of any Message Board Anywhere" but Pigheads afraid the award might go to your head and you'll begin to become a familiar face on the Celeb circuit rubbing shoulders with Katy French, Ryan Tubridy and worst of all Ray Foley.

Look at what happened to that kid who played Harry Potter. He won an award for "Best actor ever to have played Harry Potter in a Motion Picture" and 2 months later he's acting in the West End in a play about a bloke who takes off all his clothes so he can make love to horses. This is not a road Pighead wants to see you go down Terry.

When you die Pighead will campaign and let the world know exactly how brilliant you were and like Van Gogh you'll become a posthumous superstar but until that day arrives Pigheads votes are staying in his pocket.

Sorry buddy. Don't hate Pighead for this message of tough love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pighead, sometimes when Terry's answering in the affirmate, he simply types "y".

Dudess should have been in the most lickable category.... my nomination must have got lost in the post along with all those nominations for lizardfudge.

Dudess wrote: »
    Pighead, sometimes when Terry's answering in the affirmate, he simply types "y".
    And thats a mark of the greatness of the man Dudess. Its one of Pigheads Christmas wishes to acquire this gift.

Sometimes when Pigheads tap tap tapping away at the letters on his keyboard his brain yells down "Stop waffling Pighead, a simple yes or no will do, cut the crap talk out". Unfortunately the old fingers keep on tapping creating words are not really relevant or useful to the topic in hand.

Anyway to sum up this post, Pighead agrees with you Dudess, Terry is a master of cutting to the chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,249 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If I were a mod, in fairness, this thread would have been locked after the first reply: Question Answered, Close Thread. I mean cmon this is AH, we have enough threads to keep us happy. Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes.
    Short and sweet, well not sweet.

Dudess should have been in the most lickable category.... my nomination must have got lost in the post along with all those nominations for lizardfudge.
    Aw, why thank you Monkeyfudge. Just when I thought nobody could make me feel any more special than the sadly departed JohnnyStones.

Dudess wrote: »
    Aw, why thank you Monkeyfudge. Just when I thought nobody could make me feel any more special than the sadly departed JohnnyStones.
    He actually did nominate you.
    I think someone else did too.

I'd go through the thread, but it's all spammy now.

He actually did nominate you.
    Oh I didn't doubt it. He's a nice soul is that monkeyfudge.

Too bad a monkey soul is only worth about 1/8 of a human soul...

It says as much in the bible.

Pighead wrote: »
    Sorry Terry but Pighead can't give you his vote. Its not that you're not deserving of the title of "Best Mod in the World of any Message Board Anywhere" but Pigheads afraid the award might go to your head and you'll begin to become a familiar face on the Celeb circuit rubbing shoulders with Katy French, Ryan Tubridy and worst of all Ray Foley.

Look at what happened to that kid who played Harry Potter. He won an award for "Best actor ever to have played Harry Potter in a Motion Picture" and 2 months later he's acting in the West End in a play about a bloke who takes off all his clothes so he can make love to horses. This is not a road Pighead wants to see you go down Terry.

When you die Pighead will campaign and let the world know exactly how brilliant you were and like Van Gogh you'll become a posthumous superstar but until that day arrives Pigheads votes are staying in his pocket.

Sorry buddy. Don't hate Pighead for this message of tough love.
    I'm just looking back on this now.

So you're not going to vote for me?

Banned.

Too bad a monkey soul is only worth about 1/8 of a human soul...

It says as much in the bible.
    Aw, that's really sad. I bet a monkey's got a big heart though...
    Terry wrote:
    I'm just looking back on this now.

So you're not going to vote for me?

Banned.
    Yeah Pighead. You've really hurt Terry's feelings. And, by the way, he voted for YOU.
    You made Terry cry, then I cried... then Ruu laughed. *sniff* He's such a little trooper!

Advertisement