Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i won the lotto I would give it all to charity.....

Options
  • 20-11-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Bo**ocks!!!
    Everyone says it, no one does it!
    No one.

And I will admit it.
    If i won say 7m in the lotto.
    I genuinley would give 1m to Limerick Animal Welfare or the ISPCA but that would be it.
    Truth be told, I dont trust half of them, and I would have a lot more sympathy for Animals than humans, the possible exception being a Kids charlty who I would prob help also.
    But thats it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Am i a p***k??

Nope - you're honest. If you enter into the lotto it's to win money for yourself/family/debts/loans etc.. you don't go 'hmm I'll do the lotto tonight, might win money for X foundation'
    Personally I'd like to donate some to a charity -- it would depend on how much I won though lol.
    I'd definitely give some to family & friends though.

If I won the lotto, I would help those who helped me first, then treat myself to a few things, then maybe help those starving people in wherever those starving people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I'd give nothing to charity what have they ever done for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Yeah, I might give a token amount to charity (certainly not an animal charity though) but I would keep the majority of it, whilst still spreading quite alot around my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I would not give any to a charity if I won the Lotto. I would feel no obligation to give any to charity either. It does not mean however that I am not a charitable person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Depending on the amount I won.... this would be my shopping list.

House for me.
    Apartment abroad for me.
    House abroad for me.
    Ferrari 360 Spider for me.
    Audi R8 for me.

House for my brother.
    House for my mum.

money set aside for younger brothers and sisters.

3 classic Mini's + modifications.
    Race track in back garden.

Some money to charity.

For all that, it would need to be the Euromillions.

the average Irish lotto would probably be a house, and an Audi RS4 and then i'd leave comfortably on the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭JayoCluxton

If I won €3 million I'd pay off all me debts and then I'd give the other €20 to charity! :)

As the guy who won a few million famously said when asked what he was going to do with the begging letters - "I'm gonna keep sending them!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

I would send €100 to each and every member of Boards.ie

I expect you all to do the same. Spread the happiness!!

This is not a legally binding contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Personally I don't know one single person who says they would give it all to charity. In fairness that's just silly. Why do the bloody lotto in the first place if your going to give it all away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

If I won the lotto I'd quit my job move back into mammys house and claim welfare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bo**ocks!!!
    No one.

And I will admit it.
    I genuinley would give 1m to Limerick Animal Welfare or the ISPCA but that would be it.
    Truth be told, I dont trust half of them, and I would have a lot more sympathy for Animals than humans, the possible exception being a Kids charlty who I would prob help also.
    But thats it

xxx

Not yet, but your skating on thin ice. I can't believe you had this and what you bought your girlfriend for Christmas in PI. You must have an easy time of it.
    Anywhoo this is what I would do if I won the lottery, if you're interested.
    Clicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Charities can't be trusted. Didn't anyone see Death To Smoochy?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

eo980 wrote: »
    Not yet, but your skating on thin ice. I can't believe you had this and what you bought your girlfriend for Christmas in PI. You must have an easy time of it.
    Anywhoo this is what I would do if I won the lottery, if you're interested.
    Clicky
    Careful now.

This thread was moved from PI.

I deleted all the posts in which the OP was called a prick, but only because they were made when the thread was in PI.
    It's not in PI now.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

Bo**ocks!!!
    No one.

And I will admit it.

would you not want to buy some more christmas presents for yer missus ?!

on topic ... exactly how many people do you know who won the lotto to make such sweeping statements....

I know at least 1 organisation who has benefited from someones lotto win ... but dont know any lotto winnners so dont really have an idea

Terry wrote: »
    Careful now.

This thread was moved from PI.

I deleted all the posts in which the OP xxx, but only because they were made when the thread was in PI.
    It's not in PI now.

Fair enough Terry. Just when someone xxx xxx xxx xxx you kinda have to respond with the obvious.
    My apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Savman wrote: »
    Charities can't be trusted. Didn't anyone see Death To Smoochy?

Great film there Sav.

If I won the lotto I'd buy a round for all my friends, maybe even throw a party.

My parents own their house, and don't want to move, so I wouldn't need to pay their mortgage or anything. I'd probably just send them on a holiday every year for the rest of their lives. Wherever they'd like.

Bro and sis would get a house each.

I'd buy a house in the Dublin Suburbs, somewhere like Clontarf or Artane or something, and an apartment in the city centre.

I'd get a gaf in Melbourne and SanFran too.

I'd give some money to Shelbourne FC too.

And buy Boardeaux a new set of jersies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I wouldn't give it to anyone but myself, every man for himself in this world, everyone else can **** off

safety wink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

eo980 wrote: »
    Fair enough Terry. Just when someone ask's are they xxx you kinda have to respond with the obvious.
    My apologies.
    You are correct in the sense that someone asking if they are are prick will be called one.

The thing is, because the thread was started in PI, I'm going to have to...

Screw it. First post edited. I don't want to deal with the inevitable crap.

Terry wrote: »
    You are correct in the sense........

The thing is, because the thread was started in PI, I'm going to have to...

Screw it. First post edited. I don't want to deal with the inevitable crap.

Right then Terry, come on and lets edit our posts and remove all mention of it and confuse the hell out of everyone else.

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

apart form my parents and brothers nobody in my family would get a penny all assholes the lot of them :rolleyes:

other than that travel the world and buy a sweetass flat in new york!! altho in saying that i would give some money to the RNLI they deserve it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

certainly not an animal charity though

I agree. Indeed I might give a donation to the ISICA if such a thing existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

sure by entering the lottery arent you giving to some charity already?

that'll do for me :)

I'd maybe donate to something that'd name a wing after me, but that'd be it really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

Wossack wrote: »
    sure by entering the lottery arent you giving to some charity already?

that'll do for me :)

I'd maybe donate to something that'd name a wing after me, but that'd be it really

Like KFC Perhaps? The hot n spicy Wossack wing meal. I'm sure they would for the right price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Eh, no one says they'd give all the money to charity if they won the Lotto, no one! Some say they would give some away, and I'm sure a lot do, but nobody in their right mind would give it all away.

I wouldn't give any one charity a million euro either, I don't believe any standard charity would have something to do with that much money in one go. The ISPCA, Childline, ICS and others would deserve something, and I'd like to give away maybe a million if I won seven, but between several charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I would put it in the bank and live off the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd keep it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

What a coincidence to see this thread. I actually did win the lotto, approximately 4.5 million, believe it or not. Hasn't changed me one iota. The money hasn't made me happier. Oh sure I have some choice properties, and my own bakery, and a pub in town, and a fishmongers too curiously enough.

Was actually thinking about buying this website, and perhaps introducing a Chessplayer's Charter, making all boards users swear an Oath of Allegiance to The Chessplayer. Moderators will be censoring any posts at odds with Chessplayer-style doctrine. "I hereby ban you for one week," they would say, "by the authority vested in me by The Chessplayer." Expect plenty of banner ads for Chessplayer-endorsed merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Oh yeah, and as far as charity goes, I received great kudos, from this chick I was dating, for giving 50 quid to a beggar on the ha'penny bridge one evening. "O Chessplayer, you are so compassionate," she did say. Worked a treat!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

i've got 7 siblings plus 2 half siblings plus 2 parents plus 1 partner of one of aforementioned parents so no, after sorting that lot out with cars, houses etc, i wouldn't be giving any to charity. there'd be bog all of it left for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If I won the lotto I would buy houses (even small ones) for all my family members and myself, and hopefully have enough money left-over to never work again.

Advertisement