Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What next

Options
  • 20-11-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Ive just moved into a new house and began with my 'setup'

I have a 42inch Samsung HD TV
    Playstation 3 connected by HDMI
    Samsung DVD Recorder (Scart)
    Ntl (Scart)

I have Broadband connected to the PS3 so i can browse online etc on thhat but i normally use my mac to use anything online.

I am now looking for the best way to integrate music with the system using an exteral hdd, ipod etc?

I want to get a cheap, conspicuos surround sound system and integrate the whole lot so i can use the TV and system with an ipod or similar as my 'music player'

Can anybody advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

The next addition to this kind of set up is surround sound... Make sure it has an optical in, connect up your PS3 to that, set up your PS3 as a media centre, or transfer your music to the PS3's hard drive and you can play away on your mp3's til your hearts content.

I'm not sure if you can play your ipod through the USB port on your PS3, I think you can but I can't be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Thanks a million for the response, i have begun transferring my music from various sources onto an external HDD which i can leave permanently connected to the ps3 to play as a music player!
    Anything you can recommend for good value.

Room is not huge so i dont want anything high volume or large, but high quality sound! It must be black also!!

Advertisement