Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if everyone on boards gave me 100 euros...

Options
  • 20-11-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

How rich would i be , what could i buy ?!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A mars bar and a bag of Tayto,you may have a bit left of a can of 7up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/memberlist.php

97234 users

97234 * 100= €9723400

you could buy yourself a nice hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

at least half of the members have never posted then there's another few thousand who have posted once with some crap like
    where in athenry stocks homestead raspberry jam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    where in athenry stocks homestead raspberry jam?

Jos O Hallorans have a great range of jams.

On topic, you could buy everybody on boards a nice hat. Or one huge hat that we could all fit inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭JayoCluxton

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/memberlist.php

97234 users

97234 * 100= €9723400

you could buy yourself a nice hat

Who there boys unless you want to fall foul of our good friends in the Commission of Revenue!! Last thing we need is another 10 year long tribunal looking into Magick's new found wealth!

As far as I am aware you will be allowed the first €24,841 (provided you are not related to the 97,234 users!) - the surplus attracts a rate of 20%.

That nice hat just got a little smaller!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Why would I give you €100? What would I get in return?!

See, I'll start small :)

Each person send me a euro.

On second thoughts, it'd only end up with me having thousands of single euro coins. Don't think my wallet could hold them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I like the giant hat idea...

Or you could finance the writing, recording and production of the single that the Santa Strike Force has been playing around with the idea of - then buy enough copies to get it to #1 and get a warm tingly feeling inside...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

you could buy 9723400 1 cent jellys!! yum yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

97236 members now. All new members must pay a €1 joining levy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

mmm it's interesting actually ...we could do a thing where by everyone who signs up gives 50 cent every week. to me (obviously me being first) and even if we got 50,000 people involved I'd get 25,000 the first week...sounds like a great idea...who's in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

emo!! wrote: »
    you could buy 9723400 1 cent jellys!! yum yum yum!

Bu my calculation, that would be 972,340,000 jellys! Not so yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

mmm it's interesting actually ...we could do a thing where by everyone who signs up gives 50 cent every week. to me (obviously me being first) and even if we got 50,000 people involved I'd get 25,000 the first week...sounds like a great idea...who's in :)

ME ME ME!!

Its not a pyramid scheme, its a triangular investment opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Alfaservice

Who there boys unless you want to fall foul of our good friends in the Commission of Revenue!! Last thing we need is another 10 year long tribunal looking into Magick's new found wealth!

As far as I am aware you will be allowed the first €24,841 (provided you are not related to the 97,234 users!) - the surplus attracts a rate of 20%.

That nice hat just got a little smaller!!

Small Gift Exemption of €3000 applies in respect of each and every contributor. "Gifts" in question don't breach that threshold so there's no tax liability at all. (That's why Bertie was fully compliant with tax laws when he recevied his whipround in Manchester)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

watna wrote: »
    Why would I give you €100? What would I get in return?!

His MA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭JayoCluxton

Small Gift Exemption of €3000 applies in respect of each and every contributor. "Gifts" in question don't breach that threshold so there's no tax liability at all.

Good point - it would be based on the individual contribution and not the net amount! Just as well - can you imagine how long it would take the tribunal to interview 97,234 witnesses.

Am beginning to see why my career as a tax advisor never took off.

What about if we all sent each other €10 every week? That way everyone on boards gets to be (almost) a millionaire over time. We can start with me. The last person will get their million around 3877 a.d. If we go alphabetically Zyglot is fcuked!

Advertisement