Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Itunes to PC Harddrive

Options
  • 20-11-2007 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

My brother has loads of songs on his Apple computer, they are all in itunes. Could I get an external hard drive download his songs and they use them on my PC - or would I have to "translate" them some how?

Is there anything else I need to know to get get his songs onto my pc/ ipod.

Thanks,
    Browser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It can be done, found a guide here (it's on Vista, but same steps should work)

Then you can play them away in iTunes...

The one thing is that apparently (i don't know for definate cos i don't own an iPod) when you copy out the songs they'll show up grand in iTunes, but their actual file names will be totally nonsensical...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

Thanks for getting back Dulpit, but this is not really what I wanted to do.

I am not trying to transfer songs from my ipod to my computer. I am trying to transfer loads of songs (in itunes format) from an apple computer to my (non-apple) PC or external hard drive so that I can then put them on my Ipod.

Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

That's probably illegal behaviour, so we're probably not really supposed to be discussing it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

Sorry did I say my brother - I of course meant that I have an Apple Mac and I want to transfers all my music to my new Dell :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

just transfer your/his itunes music folder to an ext HDD?

You'll find it under music>itunes>itunes music on your/his mac.

• Advertisement
Advertisement