Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft

Options
  • 20-11-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Over the last year I have found myself overdrawn quite a bit. I get paid by the week and some weeks I find my wages gone almost immediately after getting paid so the next week I am even worse off. My bills and rent are always paid and when this happens I always stay in for a couple of weeks and spend very little. My question is should I really be worried about this overdraft, is everyone like this especially at this time of year? Am I unusual in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭FredsWebHead

I have an overdraft of €500 for €25 a year and find that I go into the red about once in every 5 to 7 weeks. Like yourself I stay in and spend little, to come back out of it. I suppose it means to me that I'm spending more than I earn. I think there is a lot of people out there that have OD's and I hear also that some people don't pay it yearly and get charged on a weekly interest rate. Which in my view might be costly. At the end of the day I suppose it all depends on how much it costs and are you comfortable paying it. Time will tell here I suppose.

Advertisement