Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to buy a turn table

Options
  • 20-11-2007 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys, would like to start buying vinyl, so i thought i should start of with buying the turn table first, any recomendations, dont want to fancy or top of range, wouldn't want to be paying any more than e200

basically would like to transfer any vinyl i buy to mp3 so can listen on the go, using a laptop with vista premium, and zen mp3, and have a sony midi system, with the relavent aux input sockets, so can connect turn table to that when listening at home

have seen one on play(.com) for e185.99, Numark TT USB Turntable With Metal Platter And Pitch

dont know enough of this side of the market to make a decision on my own, so any sugestions, ideas, or feeling on above product would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

Numark generally manafacture turntables for the DJ industry adding features such as pitch control and start/stop.
    Peats have a turntable that based on your specs would be perfect for you.
    Costs 179 so within your budget..
    www.peats.ie and search for turntables.

Now Recording Vinyl Couldn't Be Easier

ION has created the world’s first USB turntable allowing you to convert your old vinyl collection directly to CD or MP3 with the included recording software. (No Secial Drivers Needed).

The ION USB turntable includes Audacity software for Mac/PC for recording as well as a trial of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring vinyl. This turntable also has line level output for connecting to any home stereo with CD or auxiliary (AUX) inputs. This product is compatible with any software that supports USB audio input sound cards.

Features

Plug & Play USB
    Adjustable Anti-Skating control for increased stereo balancing
    33 1/3 and 45 RPM
    Line level RCA outputs (with built-in pre-amp)
    Audacity software (Record and edit audio files on your computer)
    Bias Soundscap 2 (Clean and restore old vinyl or tapes)
    1/8” stereo line input
    1/8” stereo line input for cassette recordings
    compUter reqUirements:
    PC running Windows 98, 2000, or XP
    Mac running OS9.2 or higher
    One available USB1.1 port or higher
    Works with most standard operating system drivers

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I don't know how importany sound quality is to you, but if it is, then try looking for something second hand?

You could probably find an old Revolver, Dual 505, Rega, Systemdek or even an old Linn Axis cheaply enough (theres about 500 t/t's on eBay.uk at the moment) and Audacity is available as shareware.You would need some form of phono preamp to get the low level signal up to something that your computer could read, but these are also pretty cheap.

You'd be amazed at how good any of these can still sound.

Only a suggestion as it will take a bit more work and may not be what you want.

Advertisement