Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Question

Options
  • 20-11-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Why is it when i log in i cant see anybodys Sigs or Avatars or anything like that, are they only viewable when logged off?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

prob have them turned off in user cp. I know I do. they are 99% shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

copacetic wrote: »

Agreed, they make it very hard to read, I've them switched off.

After 1k posts, you really should know AH is not the section to start this thread in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Go to usercp > edit options. About half way down the page tick the "show avatars" and "Show sigs" box and click save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Go to usercp > edit options. About half way down the page tick the "show avatars" and "Show sigs" box and click save.

Thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

copacetic wrote: »
    I agree it is easier to talk on the boards without seeing some of the avatars. I find some of the avatars are distracting from the posts and make me think twice about the persona of the individuals in a wrong kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

The-Rigger wrote: »
    After 1k posts, you really should know AH is not the section to start this thread in.

Not bothered about that i didnt know but do now and have broadband so am sorted, cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

my sigs the best. you all should look at my sig. it's true too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I find that boards doesnt remember my login, and when i surf from section to section i have to log in again to reply....mildly frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I find that boards doesnt remember my login, and when i surf from section to section i have to log in again to reply....mildly frustrating.

you either don't click the remember me button when you log in (which isn't on the main page for some reason) or you delete your cookies every time you close your browser...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you log in on the home page? If so log in on the somewhere where it has the remember me box. If that doesn't fix it you may have cookies disabled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I concur with that opinion.Those of us who want to post thoughtful and profound posts tend to be distracted by flashy cheap looking avatars and meaningless crude signatures.

Those frivolous and coarse posters who glory in their crudeness probably don't even notice them,but the better balanced and centered posters like ourselves do indeed find them intrusive and offputting.

I concur with that opinion.Those of us who want to post thoughtful and profound posts tend to be distracted by flashy cheap looking avatars and meaningless crude signatures.

Those frivolous and coarse posters who glory in their crudeness probably don't even notice them,but the better balanced and centered posters like ourselves do indeed find them intrusive and offputting.

So turn them off in your user cp and quit whining about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Clear cookies, surf to boards.ie. Then go straigt to forums, log in from there and click 'remember me' box. All should be well from there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I was going to say "what a load of shoite!", but then I remembered who I was talking to! :p:D

Advertisement