Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seasonal Ice Skating Rinks - Rip Off?

• 20-11-2007 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

RDS
    Standard Peak Ticket -€18
    Duration: 1 Hour

Liffey Valley
    Standard Peak Ticket -€15.50
    Duration: 1 Hour

Booterstown
    Standard Peak Ticket - €16
    Duration: 1.5 hours

Smithfield - Not available yet

Cork - Little Island
    Standard Peak Ticket - €16
    Duration - Not listed

Galway Bay On Ice
    Standard Peak Ticket - €18.50
    Duration 1.25 Hours

In Comparison to the only permanent ice rink in Rep Of Ireland.

Dundalk Ice Dome
    Standard Ticket - €12
    Duration: 1.5 Hours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You can't beat Dundalk, I was in Booterstown this afternoon and the ice is awful. We did get to use the rink for a bit longer because it was really quiet but it was so cut up it was hardly worth it. Dundalk on the other hand, is smooth and really pretty to look at, something to genuinely be proud of. Pity its so far away from me!

Smithfield isn't running this year at all by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Smithfield isn't running this year at all by the way.

It was cancelled but it is being put on again.

City Council bows to community pressure

Dublin City Council, which announced two weeks ago that there would be no ice rink at Smithfield this Christmas, has had to bow to pressure from inner city residents and politicians. Having hired a new and cheaper company to provide the facility, and then see it pull out at the last minute, the council has now effected a partnership with Dundalk Ice Dome, Bravo Group, Oyster and Tara Healthcare to ensure the continuation of Smithfield on Ice.

http://www.emigrant.ie/files/indexfile.asp?id=600

Ah right, sorry! I had only heard that it had been cancelled. I was at it two years back and it was good fun, pretty crowded but from what I remember the ice was reasonably good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

remember Dundalk is only 8 for students! 7 with your own skates!

Same for children!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Of the ones in Dublin which one is the best to go to?

• Advertisement

I haven't been to either of the 7up on Ice ones but Smithfield (went two years ago) was better than Booterstown, but is under new management so may be different this time around. To be honest, if its just a bit of craic you're going for then any of them will do, but the ice in Booterstown was really poor the other day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I haven't been to either of the 7up on Ice ones but Smithfield (went two years ago) was better than Booterstown, but is under new management so may be different this time around. To be honest, if its just a bit of craic you're going for then any of them will do, but the ice in Booterstown was really poor the other day.

It'll be a day out for me. Probably spend most of the time on my arse!

Liffey Valley is real close to me so prob just book that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i work on the ice in booterstown, it has very very good days then the odd bad day

sessions are onehour, not1.5 as previously stated. far better than smithfield and rds is on par ice wise, clearly as a day progresses icewill getcut up, and mainainence is on going during the day

i work on the ice in booterstown, it has very very good days then the odd bad day

sessions are onehour, not1.5 as previously stated. far better than smithfield and rds is on par ice wise, clearly as a day progresses icewill getcut up, and mainainence is on going during the day

I went to Booterstown for an early weekday session and the ice was awful even though there was nobody around really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hockey1

i must say you ovo arnt up to scrach on what good ice should be like i was in booterstown last week early morning weekday ice was very bad and very cut up ice was too hard hence the snow build up dont know eho is in charge of the ice but they shouldint be.

went red and liffy vally both good ice but very small, smithfield seems very good this yr is mainly covered but still open at top and bottom which is nice tickits are 16 adult and 12 child i think ice was very good music atmosphear etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The one in Howth is nIce. :O

Synthetic ice, god help us all...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gizzemoto

Went last sunday to galway on Ice, 18.50 for 45 mins, rip off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

gizzemoto wrote: »
    Went last sunday to galway on Ice, 18.50 for 45 mins, rip off

they saw you coming that is insane price!

Advertisement