Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Carr Clinic!!

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I haven't posted on boards in a long time, but I was recently looking at posts regarding smoking and just thought I'd give my story. I was a social smoker on and off for 10 years but then started smoking all the time, tried tons of times to give up and would give up for months on end only to start again, usually when I was on holidays or drinking. Anyway, I was really sick smoking, it got to the stage i was waking up in the morning feeling sick at the thoughts of smoking but yet powerless to stop and actually hating myself for continuing. Anyway, at the end of my tether I rang up and booked a session in the Alan Carr Clinic at beginning of August. It was for 5 hours, 320 euro and it was the best money ever spent. I haven't touched a cigarette since, and have no inclination to ever smoke again. I have often been off the cigarettes for longer than I am now, but this time it is so different, before I would be off them, but longing for one, resenting others smoking etc, and constantly having battles with myself "just one", "no, i can't" etc etc this time around I really do feel sorry for anyone smoking rather than wishing i was them. My husband still smokes but is now starting to talk about going to the clinic himself. Anyway, I just feel so good that I don't smoke and wanted to pass on my story. Best of luck to everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

hi, i'd to agree with what you have said. i had red the allan carr books a few times but had always gone back smoking after a few months. i finally went to the 5 hour clinic 4 years ago and haven't touched one since. could not be happier with the way things went there and highly recommend it. don't think twice about the money as you will have it back within a few months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

hi, i'd to agree with what you have said. i had red the allan carr books a few times but had always gone back smoking after a few months. i finally went to the 5 hour clinic 4 years ago and haven't touched one since. could not be happier with the way things went there and highly recommend it. don't think twice about the money as you will have it back within a few months!

If it really works i think its money very well spent-i might sign my BF up for it,but i don't think he'd be very impressed with that as a Christmas present.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

buy it for AFTER the xmas period. my date was 8th january, also keep it as a surprise. no point mulling over it. tell him a few days before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

good to see the positive reviews here, i read the book, but it had no huge impact on me....i could see the logic, but.....

my millionth failed attempt ended last nite....fcukin sick of it at this stage...:mad: think i'll sign up for a course in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭cudman

It really depends on the person. I went to the clinic 3 times (I only signed up because it was money back for failure) and found it to be not only a waste of time but also slightly degrading.They just spent a few hours more or less telling everyon that they are stupid for smoking!
    The best success I had was six weeks off them and that was from paying for gym membership, making sure I got my moneys worth by going regularly and feeling great after every workout.

Sadly a long standing back problem flared up (not because of the gym) and I needed a fag for the pain and the rest is history :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement