Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Rio Karma

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Well, I own a Rio Karma at the moment, but it's on its way out. Battery life is poor, the wheel is broken, and the power switch, or rather the big power button, is also kaput (and I've had that hard disk issue twice, the one that leaves your hand red and sore from smacking the machine).

That being said, this is the player I ditched my iPod click-wheel for: it is superior in every respect to Apple's offering.

So can anyone recommend a decent alternative? I understand it's going to be impossible to find a player with all the features I now take for granted, but I have also heard of a replacement OS (Rockbox), which may make up for some of the features.

I don't need a colour display, so I'll not be looking for photo or video capability.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The trekstor Vibez is like a smaller Rio Karma, it does everything the karma does plus a little bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Thanks for the tip, Mactard. I'm looking for a minimum of 20GB, though.

Advertisement