Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Glenroyal Hotel

Options
  • 19-11-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Staying in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth soon. I hear Dublin bus goes there, anyone know the number? I see the 66 and 67a go to Maynooth, can I get them to this hotel? Is it a far walk?

Would the train get me closer?

Never been out here before so help appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The 66 goes fairly close, and the train station, Maynooth line is on that road. I don't know about the 67A though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

The 66 and the 67a share the same terminus approximately 2 mins walk from the hotel and the train station is 5 minutes walk away, it depends on where you're coming from as well, you can catch the bus in westmorland street and the train from connolly station or any station on the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Great, I'm coming from South Dublin, so I'll get the bus since it's a similar distance from the hotel, but nearer for me this end.
    So if I just stay on til the terminus, I'll basically be there?

Thanks so much for the help!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Get the Train, saves you all the Grieff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Yes stay on 'til the bus terminus and the hotel is across the road, enjoy your stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah there's three stops in town for the busses, Pearse Street opposite the garda station, westmoreland in front of supermacs, and Wellington Quay. The 66 is more regular than the 67A, but the 67A would be faster since it skips Leixlip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Just to point out - the 66 terminus is not the same as the 67a. If getting the 66 get off in the village and walk about 5 minutes to the hotel. The 66 terminus is actually all the way down the Straffan Road - a long walk back.

The train would be the best option though.

Advertisement