Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage question

Options
  • 19-11-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I am trying to get a mortgage borrowing less than 500K (LTV <80%). The best option I can find is with Permanent TSB (YR1: ECB + 0.6, after YR1: ECB + 0.8).

Is this best I can get?

Halifax is offering (YR1: ECB + 0.4, after YR1: ECB + 0.75) which is the very best I could find, however LTV has to be >50% and <=75%, but I don't think I can go that far, so Permanent TSB is my best option. Can I find something better?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm actually in the process of switching to National Irish bank because their rates are pretty good and I'm really unhappy with the service I'm getting from my current mortgate providers.

This is from their website:
    * First, we calculate your loan as a percentage of your property value, i.e. LTV.
    * To the portion of your loan up to 50% LTV we will apply 0.5%.
    * To the next portion of your loan up to 60% LTV we will apply 0.6%.
    * To the final portion of your loan between 60% and 80% LTV we will apply 0.8%.
    * Using this tiered approach, we then calculate the weighted average addition to the reference rate on your total loan.

More details here.

Advertisement