Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't understand agggggghhhhhhhhh!

Options
  • 19-11-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please help me? My laptop is broken and I want to add just one measly cd onto my Ipod. I'm using my friend's pc but I can't import the cd without erasing everything that's on my Ipod. How do I get into 'My' Itunes? Can I upload this one cd onto my Ipod without wiping everything else? Would really appreciate guidance here, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The main reason you cant do it is to stop people copying music illegally from one iPod to another iPod.

Here is one may to move your iPod directory but this prolly wont help much http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

And since I just read the charter I aint saying any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Thanks for the reply. I can't believe the Ipod is linked with my PC, like that I can't use another computer to put music onto it. How ridiculous! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Think about it.. you buy a CD and use iTunes to copy it to your PC and then to your iPod. then you bring your iPod to your mates house and they "borrow" your music to their iPod.. repeat times a 1000!

Now imagine you couldnt copy your CD to iTunes because the above was the case then you can see why they do it.. its a trade off.

So to at least restrict this sort of stuff they did that. While not the best, it does imply fair use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Redchairsoftware.com offer a piece of software, it's registered to your iPod and it's completely legal, it would allow you to do what you want. NOTE. This does not bypass any DRM methods or promote piracy. It's called Anapod, I'm sure they do a trial.

There are other methods but they are not in line with the charter so you'll have to use google.

Cheerio
    Howard

EDIT. Bard has already mentioned this and other software - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50630651&postcount=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

<snip>

OP, you obviously have your iPod set up to automatically synch to your iTunes on your own P.C. Change this so that your iPod is manually updated and you can use as many P.C.s or laptops as you want to add music to your iPod. If you don't know how to do that, read the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Jip no need for personal attack.

one week's ban.

also locking this thread, as it's been asked and answered before both on previous and this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement