Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NV-U52

Options
  • 19-11-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi,

These are in Halfrauds for €150 at the moment. Does anyone know if they are any good or not? Seem to run the Navteq maps. What's the coverage of these like in cities and say remote parts of the west?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

There is a thread here allready on Sony GPS !
    i currently use a sony sat nav and am completely unimpressed with it. I have found it difficult to find places outside of the major centres and have also found it basically impossible to find dublin addresses without the proper postcode. Updates are only available from sony and are €120 each. I have been looking at getting a new unit as the maps on mine are atrocious and have had a good look and play with different units, but i think i will go with a garmin unit when the new navteq v10 maps are released, hopefully next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Hi,

Had looked at that one but thougth it was about the Sony NV-U93 which looks like a different animal altogether (at twice the price). I guess I'm looking for a basic GPS set (don't need bluetooth, pic viewer etc.) and was wondering how people found the basic Sony set. Might pop into Halfords and ask for a demo of both.

Advertisement