Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom GO 910

Options
  • 19-11-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Found this sat nav on the web
    http://www.musthave100.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=191

I'm looking for one thats a good mp3 player aswell and this fits the bill (when it comes back into stock)
    have a few questions if anyone can help
    First of all does Uk & Europe maps include ROI (I assume it does ) ?
    Does anyone else have one of these are they any good ?
    Is this sat nav this good value (works out at about €360 before P&P) ?:confused:
    If not are there any better ones like this for around the same price ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have one and can recommend it , But they dont have stock .

If you like the Tomtom , why not try This one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Found this sat nav on the web
    http://www.musthave100.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=191

I'm looking for one thats a good mp3 player aswell and this fits the bill (when it comes back into stock)
    have a few questions if anyone can help
    First of all does Uk & Europe maps include ROI (I assume it does ) ?
    Does anyone else have one of these are they any good ?
    Is this sat nav this good value (works out at about €360 before P&P) ?:confused:
    If not are there any better ones like this for around the same price ?

I doubt if this will come back into stock tbh - the 920 is due shortly (already out in some markets) so stocks of the 910 are probably being run down intentionally.

Maps of UK & Europe will include ROI but how good the coverage is will depend on the version of the maps - i.e. a recent version will generally have better coverage than an older version.

You should be able pick up a fully refurb'd one of these on Ebay with a years full warranty for between 270 & 300 if you want one now. Some might have issues with going for a refurbished model but I personally don't if it's manufacturer refurbished and comes with a warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wouldn't recommend getting a 910 through Ebay. You can’t be sure how old the maps are. Irish Teleatlas mapping is bad enough now, but on some older maps it’s ten times worse. Like me, you'll have to pay for any map upgrades, which doesn't make the final price look so good.

I expected the 920T to come with a hard-drive, like its predecessor, but TomTom gave up on that one.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I may be selling mine and it has ALL the latest maps ...

Let me know if your interested !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd definitely buy Sharkman's if I didn't have one already:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

this will be my 1st sat nav so i don't know too much about the accuracy of the mapping
    Tom Tom use Teleatlas and garmin uses navteq (is this correct ?)
    If so are they both good for ireland ,ie door to door (assuming of course that both are up to date)
    Asking this cos some people swear by garmin while others say tom tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The TomTom 920 is out today, don't waste your money on a 910!

testicle wrote: »
    The TomTom 920 is out today, don't waste your money on a 910!

What do you base this on ????

Advertisement