Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod FM trasmitter

Options
  • 19-11-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a decent I-Pod transmitter that I can use in my car - any recommendations? I have looked in a few shops and they range a lot in price, seem to average around €40.
    Any recommendations please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Dixons are doing the ITrip for 30 quid, on sale from 45 euro. Depends where you live. I use mine on 87.9fm, works great outside dublin, but can have problems in Dublin, too many pirate stations cuttin in!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

Hi

I bought the "Digiana Audia X dgt-202" and the sound quality is almost as good as cd. I had a cheaper version before this one and there is a huge difference in sound quality.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Don't get the iTrip, the quality is awful. Although, if you are in Dublin the signal will be poor anyway. I have tried loads transmitters and by far the clearest signal I have gotten has been from the Cygnett Groover Ride. Miles better than anything Griffin or Belkin have produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Digiana Audia X dgt-202

I have this , it works great if the aerial is not far from the unit , I have an Astra and the aerial is in the middle of the roof at the back of the car , and the sound quality from this ( and any other unit Ive tried ) is just brutal. No matter what station its tuned to.

There is a loud boomy distortion over any bass heavy part of any song. But its not just this one , like I said its them all , so if you have an aerial on the bonnet , your in luck , on the back of the car , forget it.

Actually , Im looking at this , by all accounts its great , and well worth the extra few Euros ,

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Vauxhall_iPod_Car_Kit/Dension_Vauxhall_iPod_Car_Kit/Vauxhall_iPod_Ice_Link_Plus_Adapter

Works with any car , goes directly into the aerial socket so no drop in quality , and comes with a holder and charger for any ipod ( types are listed )

Av forums say they are the mutts nutts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 someguysayshell

mathias wrote: »
    Actually , Im looking at this , by all accounts its great , and well worth the extra few Euros ,

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Vauxhall_iPod_Car_Kit/Dension_Vauxhall_iPod_Car_Kit/Vauxhall_iPod_Ice_Link_Plus_Adapter

Works with any car , goes directly into the aerial socket so no drop in quality , and comes with a holder and charger for any ipod ( types are listed )

Av forums say they are the mutts nutts.

Do these work with 6th Generation Ipods?

Seeing as they're so similar to the previous Ipods.

They €150ish from a place in bray, they're the only listed Irish supplier.

Im not sure what a sixth generation is , I have the 80GB video job , it works fine with that ,

Got the kit and the two bits of coat hanger for the astra ( honestly ...thats what they look like , 9 sterling ... could have made em myself ) from the above and it took me about an hour to install , sounds excellent , way better than any FM transmitter , and I also have a aux in now as well , which works a treat with my Garmin 660 , its cool having the directions come through the stereo , I happy so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 someguysayshell

mathias wrote: »
    Im not sure what a sixth generation is , I have the 80GB video job , it works fine with that ,

Got the kit and the two bits of coat hanger for the astra ( honestly ...thats what they look like , 9 sterling ... could have made em myself ) from the above and it took me about an hour to install , sounds excellent , way better than any FM transmitter , and I also have a aux in now as well , which works a treat with my Garmin 660 , its cool having the directions come through the stereo , I happy so far anyway.

Sounds good!

The new Ipod classic is according to some sources the 6th generation. They only come in 80 and 160 gb, and they have a matt finish in silver or black.

Is yours one of these?

I just want to make sure my ipod will work with it before splashing out on one.

Advertisement