Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help in the matter

Options
  • 19-11-2007 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi jus wondering if some1 cud help me i have took an interest in the subject and bought some books about it but it all going over my head in a way and i no it says start with a cirlce but i have carpet and i can't see my mum to impressed if i jus drew on the carpet. and even with that im lost just wondering how did yease like start off or maybe you could tell me how to start off :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm afraid from your post all I can gather is you're trying to cast a circle or something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Seconded.
    What books have you read? What are you trying to achieve exactly?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

ask your question in English. TXTSPK is not acceptable on these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Kharn wrote: »
    ask your question in English. TXTSPK is not acceptable on these boards.

Spell casting in TXTSPK...

*shudders*

Although i wonder what would happen......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Probably not much. One of the most important things (perhaps the very most important things) in spellwork is to have a clear understanding and expression of your intent. txtspk delibterately avoids that, because being able to communicate what you think and feel isn't cool. Since the subculture that uses txtspk don't have much of a place of clear thoughts and feelings it doesn't cause any immediate problems, but it pretty much rules out spell-work.

As for circles, energy doesn't leave any marks on the carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I think the OP thinks that they have to draw something on the ground literally.

OP, casting a circle doesn't usually involve having to actually draw something on the ground itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Talliesin wrote: »
    Probably not much. One of the most important things (perhaps the very most important things) in spellwork is to have a clear understanding and expression of your intent. txtspk delibterately avoids that, because being able to communicate what you think and feel isn't cool.
    I have to say that i would be inclined to disagree... in certain circumstances.
    The clarity and focus of intent has little to do with the ability to clearly vocalize or textualize and as such an incredible number of magical acts and spellwork in particular are done in silence. It does not take anything other than thought in the simplest form and habbitual text-speak does not necessarily indicate lack of energetic focus. Heck, if people can make the caffinated cross work why not a txtspk casting? You only need to be capable of communicating within an outward setting. When on your own, well trained, educated and focused minds need only do and need not vocalize. In theory anyhow!
    Besides, there are many traditions that use the concept of a circle casting, most if not all of those using differing phrases, visualization and focus of energy and intent. While results are not identical obviously, neither are any two practitioners of the same tradition going to get the exact same result, close, but at best, remarkably similar but never identical.

All that said....

To reiterate a few things other posters have said:
    To the OP
    What books have you read?
    What are you hoping to achieve?
    What are you interested in and why?
    This is a Paganism forum, paganism in itself is not a religion in itself but rather an umbrella term for non abrahamica range of beliefs and practices, not all of which have any more in common with each other than that they believe in a Deity or Deities outside of the Abrahamic God. As such, if you want people to make suggestions, you need to be a little more specific. Also, take the time to write clearly, with proper words, grammar and full sentences as far as possible... It usually shows that you care enough to take the time and if you take the time, people may be more willing to engage with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Agent J wrote: »
    Spell casting in TXTSPK...

*shudders*

Although i wonder what would happen......

Most likely a dropped call.....

Advertisement