Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And remember kids.......

Options
  • 18-11-2007 7:40pm

And remember kids...............

It is an actual criminal offence to wear official Irish Army uniform (or Guard or Civil Defence or Auxiliary Fire Service) unless you are doing official army (or guard or...) stuff.

(so posting pictures of you all dressed up with your airsoft M16 could mean a not-so-quiet word with your superiors. You'd be surprised who's internet-savvy nowadays......)

(mods: can you add this to your sticky up top? Cheers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Is the AFS now distinct from the rest of the Civil Defence? In my day they were one of the sections of CD, just like Rescue, Casualty, Wardens etc.

Or do you mean retained firefighters? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

A friend of mine has a brother in the army,
    when he was in the FCA a friend of his went to a fancy dress party in his uniform. ALl the lads there in the FCA went mental, they really drill it into you that you have to be wearing it in proper context.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

A friend of mine has a brother in the army,
    when he was in the FCA a friend of his went to a fancy dress party in his uniform. ALl the lads there in the FCA went mental, they really drill it into you that you have to be wearing it in proper context.

a friend of your friends brother?

stop distancing yourself! admit it, ITS YOU! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ha no,
    his family has a big army tradition

It's not me,

sadly, i still havnt heard back from the Reserves

It really is a friends brother's friend
    maybe not his friend but he was in the FCA with him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Missuses of uniform is very common and the attitudes towards it range from both extremes. There people out dressed in Garda uniforms this Halloween as well as all the army ones.

Secuity clearance in the RDF takes ages stick with it and keep asking them what the story is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement