Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Hunt 2007 Part 2

Options
  • 18-11-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

SNOW HUNT 2007

Here we go again. Good crack the last time.Need more people this time. Weather looks to be on our side.

Snow Hunt on Sunday the 25th of November 2007,

Destination: Kippure Mountain Wicklow/Dublin, 757 metres or 2271 feet asl

Meet Lamb Doyles carpark at 9.30 am sharp on the blackglen road sandyford or if you know the area meet at Kippure Mountain gates at 10.15 am. Transport not provided.

Bring usually hiking gear. Warm clothes, tea and a snack etc.

This may be cancelled at short notice due to prevailing weather conditions at the time. Ill be watching the weather carefully over the next couple of days.
    Kippure mountain has several routes, we will be walking up the simple route, a single lane road. Take approx 1 hour and a half. Theres no rush going up. Enjoy the scenery.

Hopefully it will be a nice day out with people who share a common interest, the weather.

REMEMBER YOU ARE RESPONISBLE FOR YOUR OWN PROPERTY AND SAFTEY AND THE SAFTEY OF OTHERS.

Let us know if you are interested in going by posting here or pm me so ill know how many to expect on the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Yeh, i can go, i'll make i don't double book myself again:p. I'll actually be up there later today but there probably won't be anything there yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Was up at the gates to kippure. Sleet and snow were falling. The tempeture was 2 c . There is snow up there now for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'll definitly make it for this one, reckon there a good chance of some white stuff next weekend in the mountains.
    Where is Kippure gate, do you have OS grid reference?

I drove from Military road in Laragh across Sally Gap this afternoon and down by Enniskerry and the lowest temp on the drive was 4.5°C on the car thermometer, though i think I missed the really heavy rain by about half an hour, as, on the way back, near Roundwood, it started pouring down but was still about 6°C on the car thermometer.

Encountered the thickest fog I've ever driven in through, definitly wouldn't like to be up there after dark .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

If your coming from larragh on military road, go straight through the cross roads as if you where heading to glencree. 2 miles up from the gap you will see a yellow gate on your left hand side. That was some serious fog. Very hard to drive in.

http://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=9083

Great, know the place exactly.

Heres a pic I took today along the drive up Military road. Conditions were too bloody awful to get out of the car and snap higher up (I tried twice but the results are blurry and rubbish).
    Anyone know the name of this waterfall?

military_181107.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely Pic - Its Glenmacnass waterfall - AFAIK

Thanks arctictree.

Cant go, work has got in the way. But hope yous can all still go.

Did anyone go?

Advertisement