Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 8: The Seer [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 17-11-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

Episode description from tv.com:
    The team meets a man with extraordinary prophetic abilities, who gives them a dark prediction about Atlantis's future.

Do not read further if you have not seen this episode

I thought it was an ok episode, they brought in the old guy to add a bit of mystery("the galaxy is at a crossroads.....":rolleyes:) and show a preview of the replicators attacking atlantis with drones. It was interesting to see the wraith again. Gotta love how desperate the wraith are getting to get rid of the replicators but now the replicators are killing humans everythings turned on its head and rodney will have to deactivate them. It continued the story arc of the replicators/wraith and set up the story for the rest of the season i guess and we have confirmation that tayla is pregnant :)

What did you think of this episode? 19 votes

Fantastic
    0%
    Great
    10%
    User45701Moe Lester 2 votes
    Ok
    63%
    VenomPugsleyPepe LeFritsMr Ethelordofcheesesenordingdongalastair_doomThe GnomedemanAnCapaillMorBlowfishKyussBishop 12 votes
    Bad
    26%
    growlerSherifuDr Bobrobby^5Niska 5 votes
    Somethings broken
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ok
    I thought it was going to be the start of a nice little arc leading up to the midseason finale, but everything (more or less) was wrapped up in a nice little bow by the end. Ah well, it was a sizeable step up in quality from the filler episodes this season (Travellers excluded).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ok
    Thought it was a pretty ok episode. It fits in with previous episodes and leaves enough unanswered plotline for the future. Woozy was a nice bonus and the lack of Tayla and Ronan an even bigger one :)

Disagree totaly with Mr E about it how much is tied up as they still have to use the new virus, the missing parts of said virus Im sure will bite the Atlantis crew in the ass, the wraith dude is still around (more wraith humour :D ) and atlantis looks like a ass whoopin in on the cards for the season end

The shake on it joke was damm funny :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

dunno bout youse, but I'da thought we'd have somebattles by now betwen thewraith and the replicators.

not a great episode at all, not near enough shootin and stuff blowinup for my likin,

am lovin Wraith humor tho, they's even funnier than the germans:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Twas fairly decent. Some fairly nice ideas in there, and I liked the escalation of the battle between wraith and replicator. It's somewhat amusing how the SG crews of earth trigger events leading to the annihilation of millions (SGA - turning on the command and SG1 - leading the Ori to the Milky Way).

More wraith humour as well please - they'be been a bit too dreary. It was a good moment, but still not a patch on the Setesh Jaffa guard joke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

Great
    this episode was pretty good to my liking and makay was funny with all the skeptisisim about being able to see the furture.

loved the whole scene where the wrait says its customery to shake hands and then starts laughing.

oh and is it just me or does that wrait sound familiar, now i know he was in another episode before as the wraith but i can swear he sounds like one of teylas people from season 1 which ironically was an actor who played a charactor in sg1 a few seasons back aswell i think.

just thought i say if anyone else noticed it.

all and all i thought that was a good episode. cant wait for the mid season cliff hanger which they have all the time.

should be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ok
    I read somewhere that wraith guys is the guy was one of Taylia's people alright, the guy with the little kid from the first fre episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

The wraith was played by Christopher Heyerdahl who played Halling the Athosian in S1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

What are the odds that the city seen destroyed will end up being a replicator city and the ship was that one that the Travellers have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Bad
    I somehow see that as being the final episode or something, which would be quite disappointing, but then again if they manage to make it seem spontaneous and then have us remember this episode that'd be cool, like lure us into thinking they've stopped it from happening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great
    ****ing hell. why do they reuse battle scenes? it just reminds me of the sadness that was the last episode of DS9 well over 3/4 of all combat was reused from previous episodes. Now SG is at it, they reused the wraith on wraith combat from season 2 i think or could have been the start of 3
    Moe Lester wrote: »
    this episode was pretty good to my liking and makay was funny with all the skeptisisim about being able to see the furture.

loved the whole scene where the wrait says its customery to shake hands and then starts laughing.

oh and is it just me or does that wrait sound familiar, now i know he was in another episode before as the wraith but i can swear he sounds like one of teylas people from season 1 which ironically was an actor who played a charactor in sg1 a few seasons back aswell i think.

just thought i say if anyone else noticed it.

all and all i thought that was a good episode. cant wait for the mid season cliff hanger which they have all the time.

should be good

I actually thought that he was the same actor who played the wraith in season one on that uninhabite dplanet in the orginal lantian system
    Obo wrote: »
    What are the odds that the city seen destroyed will end up being a replicator city and the ship was that one that the Travellers have.

Thought that myself
    ixoy wrote: »
    'Twas fairly decent. Some fairly nice ideas in there, and I liked the escalation of the battle between wraith and replicator. It's somewhat amusing how the SG crews of earth trigger events leading to the annihilation of millions (SGA - turning on the command and SG1 - leading the Ori to the Milky Way).

More wraith humour as well please - they'be been a bit too dreary. It was a good moment, but still not a patch on the Setesh Jaffa guard joke :D

Ha, it was funny alright but the wraith is a "evil" charactor, what made the tel'c joke so funny was how little sence the joke made to someone who wasent from a Jafa civilisation and ofcoarse tel'cs reaction was what made that joke so funny

Ye seems like a good possabality but we didnt see the city destroyed just take a few hits which has happened before.

All in all a very enjoyable episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ok

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh way to go mr 'spoil the picture for me'!!!

This episode was very entertaining but it had far too much going on.
    Woolsey didn't need to be there at all and just as I was about to complain about the Seer plot not getting enough attention, I realised that it's aplot we've seen before in SG-1 when Jonas had ESP. Then I thought about the plot that did get lots of attention, teaming up with the Wraith. Something else that we've seen before.

Don't get me wrong, the episode was entertaining but as if it isn't bad enough that they are still regurgitating storylines, it's like they are trying to hide it from us by not giving full attention to the regurgitated plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Bad
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh way to go mr 'spoil the picture for me'!!!

In fairness if you look in here you're asking for spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WOA HOLD THE PHONE MOM: when did Stargate Atlantis Come Back?! Why was I not informed? Don't you love me? you need to PM me these things ffs :(

*runs off crying. Torrenting ensues*

EDIT: I havent seen a television in months...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great
    Overheal wrote: »
    WOA HOLD THE PHONE MOM: when did Stargate Atlantis Come Back?! Why was I not informed? Don't you love me? you need to PM me these things ffs :(

*runs off crying. Torrenting ensues*

EDIT: I havent seen a television in months...

years for me except when im in a mates gaf or on a plane or something. i just buy complete seasons dvd's

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And I just download a complete season of DVDs. Ahhh.... damn episode 4 though - all the trackers for it are nearly dead :( if anyone has theirs still loaded in their torrentClient feel free to start re-seeding it for the next few hours... thanks luvs :D

BTW wrong thread for it but the first 3 eps were nothing short of good (and pretty!)

Advertisement