Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Astroturf Pitch for Soccer

Options
  • 17-11-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Can someone tell me where you can rent an astroturf pitch or indoor hall for 6 aside soccer in Cork City? If someone could give me details and and a contact number that would be great. I'm not interested in entering a league yet, only having a game with friends. Thanks.

Cian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not exactly in the city, but the astroturf pitch in Glanmire (Sars) is available to rent out. My little brother and his friends go every Friday or Saturday night. They usually have a good few people, probably 11-a-side, and they usually pay 5 euro each, but I'm pretty sure that the organiser is making a handy profit out of them! (Little guy was only 14 when he started it 2 years ago, quite the businessman he is too!) I haven't got a contact number but I'm sure you'll find it in the phone book.

I think there is one up past Neptune, around that area, but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Mardyke Arena has one astro turf pitches and a hall.
    Nemo's new sports centre over in Douglas also has a smaller indoor astroturf pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cian10

Thanks for your replies. This is great information.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Nemo is good (although there's a slant in the pitch, it goes uphill if you're playing into one goal.. (they have like 4 outdoor astroturf) URL="http://www.nemorangers.ie/homepage.htm"]linkage[/URL

Also Bishopstown (Leisure World) is also quite good... (they also have 4 astroturf) URL="http://www.leisureworldcork.com/bishopstown/facilities/all_weather.htm"]linkage[/URL

There are phone numbers in both websites...

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Just about anywhere that has astroturf pitches will rent them out. Most are actively advertising looking for people. There's Lakewood in Ballincollig too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

All weather pitches in Churchfield across from the Prochial hall!

http://www.leisureworldcork.com/churchfield/facilities/all_weather.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 conrad c

Bishopstown is good. Haven't tried Nemo. Or you could try The Glen on 021 4550511. Some of their pitches are the new type and quality, but they've a couple of old carpet-burners as well, so call up before paying!

Don't go near Garryduff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

if ye have someone in cit, use their astroturf. its probably going to be the cheapest by far

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mary Foley 2014

Time to try out the new pitch at Garryduff Sports Centre! FAI Approved!

Ring us to book on 021 4891978

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

7 y.o. thread, Mary!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement