Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might sound stupid but...

Options
  • 16-11-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Are GPS units from Pixmania the same as the ones you'd get in Halfords/Dixons/anywhere else? I heard the reason Pixmania's are so cheap is because they are older versions and the maps aren't as up to date? It doesn't say on the one I was looking at which version maps are included.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have bought atleast 5 garmin's from pixmania, not all for me I might add, and they have all come with Ver 9 maps on them. One of the units developed a fault within a couple of days and Pixmania arranged to have it picked up from me and had a brand new one in its place within 5 days of collecting the faulty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Pixmania usually ship products that are aimed at the French market, so typically, the only difference is that the recharger will likely have a French plug. They will usually ship an adapter at the same time too, so no big issue.

Sometimes, the instructions manuals are in French only.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pixmania usually ship products that are aimed at the French market, so typically, the only difference is that the recharger will likely have a French plug. They will usually ship an adapter at the same time too, so no big issue.

Sometimes, the instructions manuals are in French only.

Yeah, Krusty is spot on about the plug, however with the garmins there are a couple of heads supplied for the chargers.

The manual is indeed in French but I downloaded an english version handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

grand, think ill get my sat nav there then, as long as it is the most up to date available i dont mind

Advertisement