Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking RTE audience exclusion policy

Options
  • 16-11-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Sorry about the title, had to get peoples attention!!
    I just got tickets to the RTE2 show 'The Panel' for this Sunday.
    However on the back of the ticket it says "This ticket does not guarantee admission to the recording".
    What exactly does this mean. I am coming all the way from Cork, and I don't want to make the trip if I'm not going to get in.
    Anyone have any experience of going to RTE shows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does the tickets have a phone number on them? If so you could ask there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

angryInch wrote: »
    However on the back of the ticket it says "This ticket does not guarantee admission to the recording".
    ?

you might be funnier than the people on the panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

No shirt or no shoes == no service.

Dammit to hell, that three times this week I've posted only to find I'm the third reply in the same minute :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Shocking indeed!
    I'd say they put that disclaimer there so they can exclude people at their discretion - obvious nutters like yer man who interrupted the Late Late, or intelligent critics of government policy ;)
    Once you don't crash your car into the front entrance I'd say you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Its probably to stop ugly fcukers getting in. And thats fair enough in Pigheads book. Theres too many ugly fcukers on the telly these days, Fair City could take a leaf out of Hollyoaks book. Both programmes are pants but at least Hollyoaks is good looking pants.

If you don't get in, you're probably ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

They put that on the tickets so they can throw someone out in the middle of the show (as happened last year I think) and not get sued. It also means they don't have to admit people who are drunk off their t**s.

The other explaination is that they give out tickets like airlines and overbook in case people don't turn up so if they have more than they can fit in they're justified in refusing some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

its to do with a live recording.. Was at it a while ago in Belvedere. If you weren't in by the time they closed the door to the studio and started recording you weren't let in until the next brea due to disturbing audience and "stars".

Think thats common practise for recording of tv shows and some theatres.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

Thats what I figured, just legal stuff to cover their own asses in case some one takes a case against them after not being allowed in because they arrived drunk/naked/etc.
    I was just hoping someone here would have been to a show and could confirm.
    The was no phone number on the ticket, just an email address, and I got an auto-reply from that saying I'd been added to a masssiiivvveee queue so I'm not holding much hope of finding out anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Who is being excluded and what is shocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

its to do with a live recording.. Was at it a while ago in Belvedere. If you weren't in by the time they closed the door to the studio and started recording you weren't let in until the next brea due to disturbing audience and "stars".

Think thats common practise for recording of tv shows and some theatres.

Cool, sounds like as long as I turn up early, and manage to lay off the drink on the drive up I should be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cross forum posting is frowned upon.
    Please don't do it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement