Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it's early morning...

Options
  • 16-11-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

...but something/someone already managed to pi$$ you off.
    What/Who was it?

here's my little rant:

I was standing at the bus stop with some woman. I was trying to fix my backpack and didn't notice that bus was coming. She stood up[was sitting on a bench] and when passing me to waive the bus sighed loudly and looked at me rebukingly.
    What did she expected??? that I'll stop the bus and than ask the princess if I may carry her into it?!

Well, at least I'm feeling better now ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Last Wednesday getting the bus to work I managed to arrive just as the bus was pulling away (early). In spite of the fact that I had my arm half way in the closing door the driver still decided to take off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Aseth wrote: »
    What/Who was it?

here's my little rant:

I was standing at the bus stop with some woman. I was trying to fix my backpack and didn't notice that bus was coming. She stood up[was sitting on a bench] and when passing me to waive the bus sighed loudly and looked at me rebukingly.
    What did she expected??? that I'll stop the bus and than ask the princess if I may carry her into it?!

So... what, she was annoyed that you didn't get up to wave the bus down and blamed you for it passing you both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm not sure I follow... Why would she expect you to stop the bus? You sure you didn't do something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What/Who was it?

here's my little rant:

Nice story Aseth but it probably would have been had you held onto it til Monday. Fridays a day for happy clappy stories to get people in the mood for a fun filled weekend.

Pighead can only speak for himself but that story hasn't really got the old chuckles rolling. Have you any stories about talking dogs or friends slipping on banana skins?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

She sighed loudly just while passing me and you should see the look of disapproval on her face. I know it sounds weird but can't really find another reason for her behaviour.
    I myslef don't really care which bus I take, place I live they arrive every 5 minutes. But don't know why someone expects from me[just because I was standing at the edge of the road] that I'll wave the bus? Certainly I don't carry a little board with 46A on it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I'm the only girl in the office and my boss is really patronising. He has spent the morning checking everything that I do, even though I'm,by far, the most competent person working here.

He never listens to the questions I ask. Instead he answers the question that he has decided to hear for himself. It's like he expects me to ask something stupid so he pays no attention to what I actually say and then tells me all about something else that I'm already well aware of. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

LadyJ wrote: »
    I'm the only girl in the office and my boss is really patronising. He has spent the morning checking everything that I do, even though I'm,by far, the most competent person working here.

He never listens to the questions I ask. Instead he answers the question that he has decided to hear for himself. It's like he expects me to ask something stupid so he pays no attention to what I actually say and then tells me all about something else that I'm already well aware of. Very annoying.

Yeah but women are inclined to have mood swings and might fcuk up more than men ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead can only speak for himself but that story hasn't really got the old chuckles rolling. Have you any stories about talking dogs or friends slipping on banana skins?

Unfortunately those things never seem to happen in my presence ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

What/Who was it?

here's my little rant:

Wow, and that annoyed you enough to post here about it! You must be pretty sensitive if you're still pissed off about someone sighing at you and giving you a look :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

No one pissed me off. Love your life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What/Who was it?

here's my little rant:

Eh, i don't get, were you not at a bus stop? Don't buses stop at bus stops :confused:

Anyway, I was eating some donuts for breakfast and I managed to get lots of sugar inside my shirt... but it's Friday, middle of the month which means I'm due my bi-monthly delousing this weekend, so happy out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

jester77 wrote: »
    Eh, i don't get, were you not at a bus stop? Don't buses stop at bus stops :confused:
    QUOTE]

some of them don't bother unless you stick out your hand, there might be multiple routes at that stop or the bus driver simply hates everyone.

thank crunchie its friday

ekevosu wrote: »

some of them don't bother unless you stick out your hand, there might be multiple routes at that stop or the bus driver simply hates everyone.

thank crunchie its friday

Wow, what a service... so they just drive by without stopping and yet they still manage to never be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

My friggin dog kept whining at scratching at the bedroom door all morning coz he was cold...get into your bed you silly animal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I figured it worked that way too :confused:

This is early morning for me but those planks at the deli counter in eurospar any time I've gone in for the lunch it's just been a complete waste of time. I stand there with the rest of the folks on they're lunch waiting for service, eventually they come and nothings ever ready for lunch. They make no preparation for the lunch time at all. It doesn't dawn on them atall that the lunch time will be busy and they should at least be at the counter to take orders. Then the food you get is pure muck.

Luckily Mace opened a proper deli and I don't have to suffer that place anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

LadyJ wrote: »
    I'm the only girl in the office and my boss is really patronising. He has spent the morning checking everything that I do, even though I'm,by far, the most competent person working here. QUOTE]

I wonder does anyone ever describe themselves as by far the least competent person in their workplace. I'd say in terms of competency i'm about 4th. Pretty reasonable I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Anyway, I was eating some donuts for breakfast and I managed to get lots of sugar inside my shirt... but it's Friday, middle of the month which means I'm due my bi-monthly delousing this weekend, so happy out!!

Would bi-monthly be twice a month, or once every 2 months? Im not trying to be pedantic or anything, just now the question is in my head :confused:

Bi-monthly = every 2 months.

Twice a month = fortnightly (approx).

Even the dictionary gets confused :confused:

And Meriam-Webster's is the same :confused:

And here is the Oxford expert explanation.

I always took it as every 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

i figure shes been watching you from afar for several weeks now and is just dissapointed she didn't work up the courage to talk to you and so sighed to herself in frustration. Heck she's probably writing a PI thread right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

ibh wrote: »
    I wonder does anyone ever describe themselves as by far the least competent person in their workplace. I'd say in terms of competency i'm about 4th. Pretty reasonable I think..

Well there's only 5 of us and the others are pretty vacant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

She sighed loudly just while passing me and you should see the look of disapproval on her face. I know it sounds weird but can't really find another reason for her behaviour.

Eh, are you sure she just wasn't pissed off about the bus not stopping, rather than at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

WindSock wrote: »
    Eh, are you sure she just wasn't pissed off about the bus not stopping, rather than at you?

yea id say that was what she was annoyed about too.

i just slept through college...dont know whether to be happy or sad about it because their was some things i wanted to do while i was there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Well, this morning the ****ing second v220 decided not to boot from cd :mad:

Way to piss me off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ditto - bi-monthly = twice a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

cycling my bike on the road and keeping in so traffic can go on...

this wan€er pulls in an nearly mounts the kirb right in front of me, so close that before i had fully stopped my handle bar knocked is wing side miror...twat!
    and then he looked at me all shocked like he had totally forgoten that there were other people on the road apart from him!!!

tosser... he really pi$$ed me off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

bluewolf wrote: »

I wouldve always thought once every 2 months, now I know better, well at least something positive has come out of this thread, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Maybe she expected you to throw you coat down on the path to keep her shoes clean and put the rucksack on the curb as a step up onto the bus. And maybe throw yourself in front of the bus to make it stop too.

bluewolf wrote: »

It appears that periods of time are the exception to the rule according to here. Also, biannual means twice a year, but according to the link, the general rule is that bi- usually equals every 2...

• Advertisement
Advertisement