Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank charges.

Options
  • 16-11-2007 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have a loan out with ulster bank thats taken from my account each month. Last month there was not enough in my account by 1.56 euro to cover the monthly payment which is around 240 euro. I didn't realise this. Now the payment defaults and they charge me 12.60. On top of that they actually charge me for my account going in to overdraft of 4.44. I have being with them for about 20 plus years but am going to change.

Their credit card are also so expensive. Think the rate on cash advances is now 22%.

I know its my fault that there was not enough in my account but charge of 16.64 is excessive i think. Ulster bank are very poor but i reckon most of the big banks are like this. Really need some proper competition in the market the big banks have being robbing us for too long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The Charge for your unpaid was 12.70. 4.44 was for going over your agreed limit. These changes came into effect last oct and the bank has put the responsibility back on the account holder to make sure cleared funds are in the account before the dd/so/chq hits there account. I agree only being over 1.56 is ****. Some people have 1000's in the savings account and they'll still have stuff returned on them. Its automated and thats that really. I'd contact the manager and ask to have the charges refunded as this is very harsh. Be prepared to have the above said to you but if this is the 1st time I can see no reason as to why they should not refund you. Tell tem its a complaint and ask for a Concern loggged number to make sure they take you seriously.

As for the credit card, most banks cash advance fee is very high, UB normal rate is as low as 13% if you've got the Zinc card. Otherwise its 16%. BOI have never returned aything on me but will still charge me a fee for going overdrawn. I've never tested this problem with my AIB account.

Thing is you broke the T & C's on the account. Thats the charge the apply for this.If your really unhappy, change banks. The regulator has made this process very easy.

Sorry for you woes.

Advertisement