Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's... huh?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Right, so the big monstrosity of a building going up beside PC World. What's it gonna be? I've heard that it's a hotel over and over, but now the big posters outside it are talking about two bedroom apartments.

Who else, other than me, thinks the thing looks disastrous? The front (well, side facing the Centre) looks like some tacky resort straight out of some Mediterranean town. And the back looks like some nasty frosted green glass, but worse.

I think there's a URL on one of the posters, will have to take it down next time I go by.

Actually, while we're on the topic of things being built. Anyone know what's going on in Mulhuddart, just past the bridge, but before the T junction on the left. There used to be a house, now there's a crater! :O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It is a hotel; although, part will be apartments.
    As for the look: I don't care - it's in a retail area (i.e. I only have to look at it when I go through the shopping centre, and it's hardly a scene of beauty anyway)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Who'd actually want to stay in a hotel overlooking a shopping centre on one side and the N3 on the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

zaph wrote: »
    Who'd actually want to stay in a hotel overlooking a shopping centre on one side and the N3 on the other?

business people who get sold the fact it is 20 mins from the air port and 20 mind from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thaedydal wrote: »
    business people who get sold the fact it is 20 mins from the air port and 20 mind from the city centre.

I hope they read the tiny print: "Depending on traffic. Sucker!"

It's the renting-an-apartment bit that's madness - it'd suit the lazy, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

And 20 minutes from Grafton street just like the line they sold me to get me to go to the County Club when I was younger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Karoma wrote: »
    I hope they read the tiny print: "Depending on traffic. Sucker!"

It's the renting-an-apartment bit that's madness - it'd suit the lazy, I guess.

There are business people that prefer that to staying in a straight hotel, this way they get to use the washing machine and cook in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I still think it looks ugly. I know the Centre is going to make a packet off of this places residents, but it also means more traffic, it's bad enough even with those two bus lanes.
    I have a feeling they've done an underground car park, but I doubt it will be sufficiant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

There is an under ground car park. I think there is 2 levels to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Anyone know what's going on in Mulhuddart, just past the bridge, but before the T junction on the left. There used to be a house, now there's a crater! :O

Apartments and a creche with underground parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Jip wrote: »
    Apartments and a creche with underground parking.

I wonder how much that place sold for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

About time they got a proper chreche in the area other than in someones house or in Parslickstown house.

The building in the Centre is a hotel (Crowne Plaza afaik) and apartments.

Advertisement