Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads you hate the music to?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I dont know if this has been done before but here goes

Whats the Ad you hate only because of the music on it?

I CANT STAND that Spar ad with that "Did he step on your trumpet" music it annoys the crap outta me

this is not the ad but its the song http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQd5Rr6NwE ahhhhhhhhhhhhh hate it

And the Miller AD where the fella gets outta the cab and skates to the pub- the music on that bugs the hell outta me!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EXOBNKaR868

*Rant over*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

OOOh I hate the 'Fibresure' ad... I could be happy I could be happy... it really grinds my gears man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That music to I think what is the Eagle Star Direct advert. I only hate it because the stupid version on the radio. 'They know what women want'. **** OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tesco. Xylophone. (is it radio only? I don't care, I hate it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The music in the Picture loans ad on the British channels...grrrr!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

That "what a feelin" tune off those terrible gaviscon adds, makes my blood boil!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I like that song the OP was complaining about! +1 for Gaviscon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

The music in the Picture loans ad on the British channels...grrrr!!!! :mad:

+1... the acting is atrocious as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This post has been deleted.

Was just about to say pretty much exactly the same thing.

I get images of ad execs sitting around a big round office table. One by one the execs hop up on the meeting table, drop their drawers and squat. They then clench hard and poop a big steamy brown log onto the table. Each then proceed to dive into their own mushy effort with their little soft girly hands that have never worked a day in their lives and what they find during this rummage eventually becomes ads like Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

those "The boys in the club love the fashion parade" from those stupid litter ad

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

pepper wrote: »
    those "The boys in the club love the fashion parade" from those stupid litter ad

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

lol...If you asked me to pick my two favourite songs from ads at the moment, they'd be the two you hate!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Theres an ad (I think its for insurance or something financial) its has people stretching on the side of a pool and then a bald lad jumps off a diving board and lands in the sea. Not only is it a brutal ad, the tune is absolutely awful.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

ashyle wrote: »
    OOOh I hate the 'Fibresure' ad... I could be happy I could be happy... it really grinds my gears man

QFT

Also the spar ad... did he step on your trumpet... argh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

The Failte Ireland ads have the worst and most annonying piece of music I have ever heard in my life. "ALL THESE HIGHS AND LOWS, KEEP LIVIN' FOR ALL THESE HIGHS AND LOWS". Oh god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The music off the lucozade raving teddy bears ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i actually like the music on the lucozade ad.

+1 gaviscon

+1 littering ads. they annoy the sh1te out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wertz wrote: »
    The music off the lucozade raving teddy bears ad.

Good shout. I hate it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ruskin wrote: »
    The Failte Ireland ads have the worst and most annonying piece of music I have ever heard in my life. "ALL THESE HIGHS AND LOWS, KEEP LIVIN' FOR ALL THESE HIGHS AND LOWS". Oh god
    Yeah I think this is a terrible song and a really bad choice for Failte Ireland...

Lows? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mr E wrote: »
    Tesco. Xylophone. (is it radio only? I don't care, I hate it)

Yeah, I'm with you there! Such annoying, childish music. And it just repeats over and over in the background while some t055er talks about car insurance or loans, or clubcards. Desperate!

QFT

Also the spar ad... did he step on your trumpet... argh

yay im not alone!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

The bloody coors ad with the snow people. Cant stand it

The bloody coors ad with the snow people. Cant stand it

havnt seen that one

• Registered Users Posts: 23 phit_demon

pepper wrote: »
    I CANT STAND that Spar ad with that "Did he step on your trumpet" music it annoys the crap outta me
    That's hilarious, my entire flat hate that tune so much it gives us heart burn. It's actually gone so far as to reach in-joke status. The backing singers are worse, they sound like a bunch of Irish women who don't give a **** about what they're singing. Awful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lady LaLa

The Bulmers ad.... A Minha Menina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCeVLEafW0

Really twists me biscuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scoopscribbler

The Dell ad, really hate that f**kin music "I am green today la la la". Sticks in your head like some crap pop track that you heard in a shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpaiTwAslsM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bulmers ad with Galway Girl. WORST ****ING SONG EVER :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Any of the ads which use classic old Funk or reggae tunes;
    such as that hair ad which uses the "here come the girls song"

Reasoning; I god damn love those songs, and hearing them (a)whored for whatever product & (b) so constantly that I begin to hate them from hearing them so frequently.

LEAVE THE GOOD MUSIC ALONE YOU B@STARDS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Bulmers ad with Galway Girl. WORST ****ING SONG EVER :mad: :mad: :mad:

The one that goes?

And I ask you, friend, what's a fella to do
    'Cause her hair was bleached and teeth were too
    So I took her hand and I gave her a twirl
    And I lost my lunch to a Galway girl

Yeah not much of a fan of it either. Might have believed it if it was written about a Mayo girl (disproportionate amount of good looking ladies from there imho), but I don't really buy into the lyrics as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pigman II wrote: »
    Yeah not much of a fan of it either. Might have believed it if it was written about a Mayo girl (disproportionate amount of good looking ladies

Stopped reading when I nearly had a stroke from the laughter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's worse when an ad takes a classic song as it ruins that song for me. It's even worse when they re-write the lyrics.

Im planning on proposing a new law to the government which would allow for ad executives who do this to be anally raped with a sledgehammer.

Advertisement