Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor pursuits in the midlands

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

hi all
    Myself and a couple of mates are trying to organize some sort of outdoor pursuits type day soon.What would be a good place near Laois to do some canoeing or kayeking anything along those lines?i might add that we dont have any gear so we would be looking at renting equipment.Any know of any good addventure centures near-by?

thanks
    Remmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

There are small amounts of caving in Laois, Kilkenny and Tipperary. Clare and Cork would be the easiest large scale areas for you to get to.
    For climbing there is a good bolted quarry outside Kilkenny city.
    There are a good few paddling clubs in Kilkenny, Sorry I do not know much about what there is in Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Well, you could scale the majestic snow-capped peaks of Laois, abseil down the cliffs of Laois, whitewater-paddle down the surging torrential floodwaters in the canyons of Laois, surf the pounding waves on the beaches of Laois, and...oh, wait, I see what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Extranjero

There's an active kayaking club in Durrow , Laois.

Advertisement