Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This life

Options
  • 15-11-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

So I, like many others read the metro on the way to work in the morning.

On the second page the comic for what seems like the last two weeks has been this life. I just dont get it. :confused:

There was one with a homless guy sitting outside GAP with a sign saying 2help the homless". That's not funny. Is it something to do with capitalism and corperations or something?

Bring back Nemi, I say. Liza seems to put a lot more effort into her artwork and is actually funny.

Thats why they're called the funnies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You're not meant to get it. That's the joke. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Oh, a joke!

I get jokes....

Nemi's an alco slut-bag though.

Hardly a role mdel for today's teenage girls is she?

Oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The joke is that the tramp is sitting outside a clothes store, where likely well to do teens and twenty somethings will be passing, with a sign translated to txt that they would probably be more likely to understand.

Its funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

couldve done much better with the txt spk:

"hai i wrk 4 food + luv"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

2hlp Hom<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Overheal wrote: »
    couldve done much better with the txt spk:

"hai i wrk 4 food + luv"
    Probably, but its pretty good as is. For the comic to have been completely understandable you need to show that he was in fact trying to communicate something, and so need to be pretty basic in the txt being used. Otherwise it could just be someone standing there with random garbage on a board.

Advertisement