Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny advert for Richard Hammonds' book.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I predict a book to chase Jezzas sales!

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I read the book and I have to say that it is very touching, I cried at parts, especially when he was on the verge of death and his wife called him back (my husband did the same for me) - great book and wonderful man, though I agree that his wife is a better writer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Trampas

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I read the book and I have to say that it is very touching, I cried at parts, especially when he was on the verge of death and his wife called him back (my husband did the same for me) - great book and wonderful man, though I agree that his wife is a better writer!

The other half was just the same.

Soaked the pillow one night reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

i read it on a flight from Dublin to London (and back again)

i must have looked strange with tears rolling down my face at one stage!

A very moving story - really makes you appreciate what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Geez, was it that good a read..............must get it so. I like the idea of an olde sobby book with Fast Cars in it too! A rarity:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement