Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Dark Out!!!

Options
  • 14-11-2007 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭

Its 5 o clock! Street Lights are on! Molten Fire rains from the sky! We are lost! The end is nigh! No more sunglasses for you!

:eek: ... no more sunglasses for ME!!!! :eek:

Serious though: who else hates this tilted-axis short-day ****e? I want a planetary axis that suits me better :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Where is global warming when you need it? :(:mad:

Where is the sunshine. We were made promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Whatever happened to that evil maniac planning to build a giant mirror in the sky to give eternal daylight? With that jobby and a pair of sunglasses for optional nighttime, youd be set.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

We need snow to brighten up things!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

too much snow and everything becomes lost though :mad:

like when i was in finland in february and we all went into the supermarket, when we came out an hour later we couldn't find the bloody car because they all looked the same :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pah, it got dark here at 4! Appreciate being that degree of so further south!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

rossie1977 wrote: »
    too much snow and everything becomes lost though :mad:

like when i was in finland in february and we all went into the supermarket, when we came out an hour later we couldn't find the bloody car because they all looked the same :eek:

Why didnt you go to the space you left the car in, chances are it'll still be in the same spot.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why didnt you go to the space you left the car in, chances are it'll still be in the same spot.:)

it was one of those giant car parks you don't see in this country, think walmart without any numbering, signs etc. it was also bright out when we went in and pitch dark when we came out

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Personally I enjoy cosying up in a warm living room in front of the fire while I can hear the rain driving against the window....it's a nice feeling.

This type of conversation happens every year...almost as regular as the seasons...oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i can see the front of tomorrows daily mail
    "80% of foreigners are stealing our sunshine!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

I just moved to Sydney.....hot and sunny all day everyday......sweeeeeeet!!! :D

Although in saying that, you cant beat a cold wet evening and coming into warm central heating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

I'll probably be shot for this but I'm in a hot and sunny country too but would swap for a second to be back home - think I must be the only person around here who actually likes winter?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

milli wrote: »
    I'll probably be shot for this but I'm in a hot and sunny country too but would swap for a second to be back home - think I must be the only person around here who actually likes winter?!

Ha ha I'm with you on that one! Although with me the grass is always greener elsewhere!! And yes, your going to be shot, and now so am I ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not the only one. It's not dark early enough imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

I prefer the winter too. I'm one of those mad eejits can be seen cheerfully strolling around in a blizzard wearing a t-shirt. But in summer once it goes over about 22 degrees I start to melt and all my major organs shut down in protest...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

rossie1977 wrote: »
    it was one of those giant car parks you don't see in this country, think walmart without any numbering, signs etc. it was also bright out when we went in and pitch dark when we came out

ah yes; the american model. I know it well. Ill admit even in the best weather youre still left in doubt as to where your car is: every row is made to look identical in every way :confused:

winter is ok but im still going to miss my evenings... sunsets and ****. Being stuck in a computer lab until 5? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dalfiatach wrote: »
    I prefer the winter too. I'm one of those mad eejits can be seen cheerfully strolling around in a blizzard wearing a t-shirt. But in summer once it goes over about 22 degrees I start to melt and all my major organs shut down in protest...
    I have it on good authourity that the days will start getting longet after the 21st of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Terry wrote: »
    I have it on good authourity that the days will start getting longet after the 21st of December.

I heard that too, but it may be a vicious rumour!

It's very depressing with the early darkness. if there's not many people in the ofice at about 5 it feels like you're working late and it's about midnight. Uber depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Where is global warming when you need it? :(:mad:

Where is the sunshine. We were made promises.

Yup I HATE winter I wish I could hibernate :(
    And as for those global warming people 'it will be hotter than spain here by 2005' - LIARS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Strangely I think Winter has its merits. I love going out on the mountain bike on a crap, cold, windy, rainy day for a cycle in Wicklow. Hardly anybody ventures out so bit of piece is nice. 2 years ago I went Donegal for the weekend on my own with the bike. Weather was lousy. Perfect.

Advertisement