Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon stereo good?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a mini stereo - if that's what they're called; those boxy things about nine inches square with two separate speakers.

Tech support advises me that Denon is the best brand, but I don't understand any of the technical descriptions. For instance, I see that some of them have DAB radio - that's no use here now, but is it worth buying for some distant date of Ireland's technological ascent into heaven?

My purpose: to listen to CDs for work purposes, and also to use it for the pleasures of radio, mp3 and CD playing generally.

Advice gratefully received.

(Posted this over in Hobby Radio and they suggested trying here.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've the older 31 model and it's grand. The only other stereo that I would have bought in that price bracket ,would be an onkyo. Both the same style.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4126228&JRSource=nsa&nsa=1

Forgot to mention ,with the denon there is two rca in and outs . So you have the option of connection a pc and an Ipod dock to it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Joe D'Arcy

I have the old Denon model as well and it is excellent. I haven't looked at the options for this type of thing for a few years but Denon are generally best in class for this type of unit. If you haven't already bought it you should browse a few hi-fi mags in a newsagent and see what they recommend. You could also put a query up on AVForum, a board dedicated to hi-fi. One other thing, when I got my denon, you could get the unit with or without speakers. At that time there were much better speaker options than those provided by Denon at the same price. Again a bit of googling and maybe a specific question on AVForum should find you the best speakers to put with the unit

Advertisement