Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyes meet across a crowded......Dart/Luas/bus............

Options
  • 14-11-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I just read a post on another forum by a girl who sees a guy on the train every morning and really fancies him but doesn't know how to break the ice.

So have you someone you see every day, on your way to work or whatever, who you want to get to know...and you did manage to break the ice?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mayte

I used to meet a guy everyday on my way to college, I really fancied him, but I never dared do anything. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I fancy the luas the ways its so big and shiny and is able to knock me off my feet its magical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

theres one woman i see everyday at the train station.always get on the same carriage.she gets off a stop before me.always stand near to eachother on the train

but im only 18 and shes in her mid 20's.so i have to use my imagination! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

There was a guy I used to meet at a Bus Stop every day after work. I fancied the pants off him, he was absolutely gorgeous and I fantasized about him the whole way home on the bus each day never dreaming we'd end up together. I never got the bottle to talk to him - our eyes always met all the same. Anyways, long story short, I ended up going out with him, he was a plonker and got uglier the more I got to know him. Huge HUGE let down and I dumped him a few months into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Hehe.

I used to pass by this girl every day on the way to work, very pretty indeed. Thing was, I could have sworn I knew her from somewhere. College, school, my mates; I couldn't put my finger on it and every day we passed I'd be racking my brains trying to figure it out. Anyway, one day she's walking along with a bloke beside her and as I approach I hear him saying "This guy here? Is this the guy?" while she's hurriedly trying to shush him. It was then I realised that I must have spent every day of the last week staring at this girl as we passed along the path.

I was suitably embarrassed let me tell you. Didn't see her much after that either and never did work out whether we'd met before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Hehe.

I used to pass by this girl every day on the way to work, very pretty indeed. Thing was, I could have sworn I knew her from somewhere. College, school, my mates; I couldn't put my finger on it and every day we passed I'd be racking my brains trying to figure it out. Anyway, one day she's walking along with a bloke beside her and as I approach I hear him saying "This guy here? Is this the guy?" while she's hurriedly trying to shush him. It was then I realised that I must have spent every day of the last week staring at this girl as we passed along the path.

I was suitably embarrassed let me tell you. Didn't see her much after that either and never did work out whether we'd met before.

Maybe she had been telling her friend about the bloke she liked, that she met everyday.... and thats why he said that.

You lost your chance pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Or maybe she was telling her boyfriend about some stalker that stares at her while she's walking to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Dont shíte on your own doorstep!

learned this from a friend, one night stand with a girl he got the bus with. he ended up going to work 30 mins early for the rest of the year. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Maybe try actually talking to said girl instead of spending your days procrastinating over it.

A quick 'hi' while you pass them will quickly let them know you're interested. I find this works much better than sitting on the train/luas/bus drooling all over your crotch like a sexpest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I find this works much better than sitting on the train/luas/bus drooling all over your crotch like a sexpest

Hey!Dont knock it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mayte wrote: »
    I used to meet a guy everyday on my way to college, I really fancied him, but I never dared do anything. :o
    Don't be shy, luv, I don't bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mayte

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Don't be shy, luv, I don't bite.

Assuming it was you (highly improbable unless you lived in Spain a few years ago), what took you so long to speak to me???

...ah, it would have been nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

http://www.nygirlofmydreams.com/

Check out this majorleague lurker (scroll down and read the bottom pic first).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

Yeah you would have to wonder...how did he approach her? It's a bit stalker-y isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mayte wrote: »
    It was probably for the best.
    The little purple guy wouldn't have been pleased.

Prince, you dirty minded bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I'd stare her out of it, without blinking, untill she gets off the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Happens to me all the time.

Must be the chronic loneliness.

Sigh.

Advertisement