Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipped tooth got bit worse-Advice please!

Options
  • 14-11-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

At the end of september i chipped one of my molars and it wasnt that bad and felt no pain at all. I was meaning to go get it checked at the time but was really snowed under with college that it sort of slipped my mind.

Anyway this morning I was having some to eat and my tooth felt bit strange when biting (no pain at all). I felt around at it and some of the inside of the tooth came out. Now the tooth basically has nothing in the middle.

I still feel no pain from it so i presume the nerve is still protected. I rang my dentist and cant get an appointment till next wednesday. Should the tooth be ok till then?

I would prefer not to have to go to another dentist as I am not great when it comes to dentists and my current dentist is very good and i trust him with what he is doing.

advice on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Go to your Pharmacy and get a temporary filling kit. It is pink in colour and can be moulded on what is left of the tooth. Chew on the other side of your mouth for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

suitseir wrote: »
    Go to your Pharmacy and get a temporary filling kit. It is pink in colour and can be moulded on what is left of the tooth. Chew on the other side of your mouth for the time being.

Got sorted at the dentist, was a tooth that had a root canal done on it last year so no nerve there so thats why i felt no pain.

Need to get a crown done on the tooth but the dentist put a composite filling in place until i have the time to get the crown done.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Good stuff at least that will keep it covered for the time being. However, I would still give it the odd swish with warm water and salt so as to stave off as much as is possible, any bacteria getting in there. You should be fine for the time being.

Advertisement