Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whoo moving to Ireland tomorrow

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

A bit of a reposte to all those (I'm leaving Ireland and I'm feckin glad) threads...

Another foreigner coming over and stealing all the jobs blah blah blah I'm afraid.

Reversing the journey my Dad and my mother's parents made and emmigrating the other way :D!

I'm dead excited... just for being able to eat soda, wheeten and potato bread if nothing else! Oh and Tayto crisps and Club Soda.... Oh happy days....

Seriously though can't wait, whatever awaits in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Where are you moving to mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Unfortunately Ireland no longer stocks any of those products. But welcome to Ireland nevertheless.

P.S. Don't go sealing our wimminz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

where r u moving from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Moving to Dublin, partly for romance, partly for the fact that the city I live in there is no work except for £11k a year call centre jobs, and party because I always have a great time with my friends over in Dublin while the UK (Manchester and London aside, but been there; done that) is soooo dreary.

Plus it's like all the excitement of living abroad, with none of that pesky having to learn a language (EU), or applying for citizenship (Oz, Canada etc).

• Advertisement

cazzy wrote: »
    where r u moving from ?

Newcastle-upon-Tyne these days, but originally a Manchester and Ballymena (lucky me) lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

daniel3982 wrote: »
    Moving to Dublin

Guessed as much, but where in Dublin? :)
    none of that pesky having to learn a language

You know we all speak Irish here? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

Are you here for good or are you only here to make money then **** off back home!:p:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I really wouldnt bother mate. I f I were you straight down to Camden and the Whorely Arms.

starn wrote: »
    I really wouldnt bother mate. I f I were you straight down to Camden and the Whorely Arms.

My friend worked there, total c**t hole that part of the World, I've had my London scene days and theyre firmly behind me thankfully, I'm amazed anywhere in the World can have such a pr*ck quota!

As for the other question I am hoping it is good, I might not speak with an Irish accent but I've been raised as such and spent most my childhood holidays there so it's always been more of a home then anywhere this side of the shore...

As for where in Dublin; Northside...somewhere with lots of horses! :D

• Advertisement

Ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

Finglas

Not the former... the latter. Lucky me! ;)

Can't wait.... I lived in Moss Side before and am in Chavtown-upon-Tyne now, so anywhere in the World's a step up from now on in!

Well good luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Good for you mate! Enjoy it, always fun to move! Did it myself to Ljubljana at the begining of the year from Dublin. Was interesting time finding my feet here but worth it, (ski season starts soon!) Still miss Dublin, and have been back twice since, but wouldn't change it for the world now. Good luck with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

welcome mate, anywhere north inner city isn't bad to live. as this is boards, dont supose you need any advice on finding accomodation but daft is the place anyhow.

portomar wrote: »
    welcome mate, anywhere north inner city isn't bad to live. as this is boards, dont supose you need any advice on finding accomodation but daft is the place anyhow.

Cheers mate, aye it's good that's how I found my place. To be honest I'm pretty happy with my area by all accounts it fits my bill pretty perfectly. All my friends are Northside (Cabra, Swords, Santry, Blanchardstown etc) so even if I could afford somewhere palatial in Terenure I'd be so isolated it would be pointless anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I could think of worse movement options :p welcome to modern day alcatraz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Tsk! Moving to Ireland and where does he go? Dublin!:p

Cork and Kerry are God's counties, no lie!

Tsk! Moving to Ireland and where does he go? Dublin!:p

Cork and Kerry are God's counties, no lie!

Ah Cork is where I'll be spending a lot of time, I've friends down there. Spent my childhood summers in Clonakilty too, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Welcome aboard, sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Someone actually wants to move TO Ireland?? I for one can't wait to get out of the feckin place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Enjoy your move Daniel!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

"Cork and Kerry are God's counties, no lie!"

I'm moving back to Ireland as well after 3 years and to Kerry, can't wait.

All that rain.

Sure it's be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Der takin oooor jaerbs!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

dublin forum tbh :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Does someone want to tell him that this place is full of Call Centre jobs too?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

God help you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I love the way there's a split on Boards. Someone says there moving to Dublin cue all Dublin posters "why!!", "I can't wait to get out of the place" and "For the love of God NOOOOOOOO!!!!".

Someone posts they're moving to Galway/Cork/arsehole of Donegal all posters from the area say "It's great. You'll love it", "I moved 5 years ago and I'd never leave now" or "Lucky you".

Always makes me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Daniel3982 you will be fine and Ireland is up there with the rest of them now so have a great time . Most people here are easy going so Good luck .

Advertisement