Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best city for nightlife?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey
    Just wondering which city has the best nightlife and overall is a better city to go to college in??

Cork
    Galway
    Limerick
    Dublin

Those are my options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

Pretty poor reason to base your college decision on mate. :)

I'd say avoid Dublin, it's too expensive. Also, there don't tend to be student villages (like in Limerick for instance) and your classmates+new friends will be scattered to the four corners, asking someone to go out for a casual pint is impossible - there's nothing casual about walking 10 minutes to a bus stop, waiting 20 minutes, getting on a bus for 25 minutes, walking 10 minutes to the pub, and going through all the same again on the way home. :)

Limerick is supposed to be a good laugh. As is Galway. Cork less so, but that's only based on hearsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

I'll probably consider the actual college too......

I've heard Galway is the best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

It's a bit pointless asking this question here tbh. There are so many variables. One person's idea of what constitutes a great nightlife might be different from yours. What if you're shy, overwhelmed, dislike your classmates, etc etc. There's lots of reasons your social life could be crap aside from the reputation of the city for it's nightlife. Nobody here is going to be able to give you anything approaching a helpful answer to your question.

I'll throw out the old cliche - your social life will be what you make it. But I stand by what I said about Dublin being low down the list. It's not a student friendly city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dublin and GAlway are the best better choice in dub but ya pay thru the nose for it also dublin big college get wider variety of ppl such as ucd i been to nuig and ucd and love dublin bar the price
    plus ucd have loads of nite life in the college alone to so ya get chance to get to know ppl

Advertisement