Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gm Postion Cork

Options
  • 13-11-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi

Haven't seen any threads for this around here, just wondering has anyone applied or received a position as a Gamemaster in Blizzards new center in Cork?

Applied around a month ago, had a phone interview today and have another interview coming up soon...

Well i'm just curious as to how many people applied etc

Red

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

How can y ou play this game, then go to work and do it all over again. Fark that loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Tigole who worked in blizzard for years has about 200 /played. yep. I'd do the same, then I could say "Oh, why am I playing this game? Well it's work related." >:-D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I went for it, but didnt get it. Which is kinda ironic considering what I did work at for the last year. Still, there was baggage attached and to anyone that does get it... I wish you the best of luck, there are some "colourful people" going to work there... so you'll need it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ivan wrote: »
    I went for it, but didnt get it. Which is kinda ironic considering what I did work at for the last year. Still, there was baggage attached and to anyone that does get it... I wish you the best of luck, there are some "colourful people" going to work there... so you'll need it ;)

Very surprised you didnt get it,

You were excellent at it when I was there, and always very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

dont think i could hand the 12-14 hours a day of wow when you combine work and pleasure.. think it would ruin the game as a whole for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

sunzz wrote: »
    dont think i could hand the 12-14 hours a day of wow when you combine work and pleasure.. think it would ruin the game as a whole for me :(

Well I was in a similar position to this and yes, it made me stop playing.

Horrible experience tbh

I really enjoyed being able to talk about WoW on a lunch break with a bunch of people who played it as much as I. But as far as saving graces go, its a pretty slim one.

And whats your name WellyJ? ;) Send me a pm if you prefer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Hi Ivan. i didnt really understand your post, by "colourful people" you mean you know people who are / will be working there who may not make the experience too enjoyable ?

Thanks in advance

Red

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

lads i SERIOUSLY advise against working for that company(not blizzard neessarily but the out sourcing company)

i left a nice enough handy job after not heeding the warnings of people about the comapny and seriously regretted it.

the money is ok but the hours are ****, they treat you like **** and despite what the recruitment agency tell you there is very little if any getting to play wow while you wor(i knew that would be the case but you would be suprised how many people go in thinking they will be playing all day)

im finding it hard to express how much you should not work for this company in tet write now but i think its coz iv blocked most of it out now im back in college. when i remember my other experiences ill let you know.

PeakOutput wrote: »
    lads i SERIOUSLY advise against working for that company(not blizzard neessarily but the out sourcing company)

i left a nice enough handy job after not heeding the warnings of people about the comapny and seriously regretted it.

the money is ok but the hours are ****, they treat you like **** and despite what the recruitment agency tell you there is very little if any getting to play wow while you wor(i knew that would be the case but you would be suprised how many people go in thinking they will be playing all day)

im finding it hard to express how much you should not work for this company in tet write now but i think its coz iv blocked most of it out now im back in college. when i remember my other experiences ill let you know.
    The jobs being discussed, the ones in Cork, are not related to Sitel/Clientlogic in any way. They are being employed by Blizzard directly, however in my opinion, it is the people there that make a company shít to work for and that was a big part of the problem in Sitel.

My only issue being, the very same people are then moving to Cork to work for Blizzard, making it an even more tightly knit clique.

As wonderful as the oppurtunity to work directly for Blizzard might be, I dont think I would have taken the job anyway, had I been offered it. On the grounds that I've just described.

And REDXII, got it in one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Ivan wrote: »
    The jobs being discussed, the ones in Cork, are not related to Sitel/Clientlogic in any way. They are being employed by Blizzard directly, however in my opinion, it is the people there that make a company shít to work for and that was a big part of the problem in Sitel.

My only issue being, the very same people are then moving to Cork to work for Blizzard, making it an even more tightly knit clique.

As wonderful as the oppurtunity to work directly for Blizzard might be, I dont think I would have taken the job anyway, had I been offered it. On the grounds that I've just described.

And REDXII, got it in one ;)

ah ok i didnt know that.......i didnt particularly like the blizz reps in sitel either so i wouldnt want to work for blizz either.

it is the people but it is also the company some cmpanies respect their employees and see them as an asset others see them as property to be used as they wish sitel is defo the latter in my experience

either way if anyone does take this job i hope its better than i imagine it to be

Advertisement