Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS

Options
  • 13-11-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

My daughter has just informed me she wants a Nintendo DS lite from santa for christmas, thats all very well, but i'm just after spending €130 for some electronic dog she wants too.
    I was just wondering where online i would get one for cheaper than getting it here..? at the moment i am onto Gamestation.com and i can get the Nintendo DS and a game for €122 euro - although i havent gone far enough yet to see if they will deliver to ireland, they prob wont..

Also, i am going to new york at the start of december, would i be better off just buying it there..??i'm not sure how it works taking it home , through customs etc, or if the connections would be different there for like the charger or something, i think i would prefer to just get it online tbh, one less thing to worry about when i am over there..

any help much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

wrong forum to ask but try adverts or ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Nintendo forum would be better suited to aid you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Can you bring back the electronic dog thing? The store that sells them probably sells Nintendo DS's too and you could get Nintendogs as a vitual pet game for it. You could pick that up at a bargin price second hand now as its been out a while and its a relatively short game that sold very well.

DS is region free so a US one will work over here but you will probably need to buy a new charger for it. With the value of the dollar at the moment, it could still work out cheaper. Going through customs, you could just ditch the packaging to get through customs although its probably unlikely they'd search you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Electric computer dogs? Ninteno DS? Nintendogs?

In my day we were happy with a wooden train set and twenty blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Was looking about at these earlier. there seems to be loads on ebay from UK. looks like they'd work out about £40. At your own risk and all that though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Was looking about at these earlier. there seems to be loads on ebay from UK. looks like they'd work out about £40. At your own risk and all that though

Be careful though. Sometimes it says "Hong Kong, United Kingdom" to lure people who were trying to avoid buying goods from Asia. A general rule of thumb is also to avoid anything where the postage is more than the actual cost of the good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

brim4brim wrote: »
    Can you bring back the electronic dog thing? The store that sells them probably sells Nintendo DS's too and you could get Nintendogs as a vitual pet game for it. You could pick that up at a bargin price second hand now as its been out a while and its a relatively short game that sold very well.

No, i've already got her the dog, its nothing to do with the nintendo, its more like an interactive dog that talks or something...??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

AH for sensible advice?

Nintendo Forum FTW - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=578

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you can get something like this for 35euro in powercity
    http://www.amazon.com/Coleco-41740-Sonic-Handheld-Game/dp/B000IO6LEC
    just as good as a ds :D

yeah if i had asked for something like a ds when i was young, my parents would have found some cheaper, crapper alternative that was embarrassing to own and i would have had to pretend to like it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Do NOT post for traffic again.

Refer to your previous post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055182368 or the Nintendo forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement