Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Intro

Options
  • 13-11-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

What do you think of the intro?

I think it's one of the best intro's to any series but I just can't put my finger on exactly why this is. I do like his breakfast, guys got good taste!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Yeah but come on.
    You see the guy have a shave( cause he cuts himself) and then when he pulls the t-shirt on he has an un shaved face. WHF is that.

But , yeah one of a kind intro to what i think is a cool show.

Long may it last.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's the theme tune aswell which adds to it.. absolutely fantastic!

And you didn't even include the intro yet! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I hate to say it, but the intro makes me queasy... :)
    Its very clever, but I always jump ahead to 1m40s on my media player!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    .. but I always jump ahead to 1m40s on my media player!
    For shame.. it's one of the only intros i enjoy sitting through! :eek:

'Weeds' is the one i always skip... the new singer variation each week on that just irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The intro is pretty cool. There is definitely a lot of great imagry and sound. The t-shirt over the face evokes an excellent tortured suffocation effect in the brain and the slicing of the flesh of the grapefruit is fantastic.

Everything about the intro suggests violence and death, an excellent introduction to the mind of Dexter and the subject matter of the program itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

As good and all as the intro is I do hope we see it updated in Season Three.
    I've started to skip it now (it is a *bit* long) even though it really sets the tone for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I love th way that it makes everyday events particularly gruesome, without any obvious gore. It's all implied, using sounds.

Which raises the question - Is it the fact that we know what the story is about that makes us see the dark side of the intro, or is it creepy in and of itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I love the intro. Probably the ONLY intro i'll actually sit through (oh and LOST's ;))

Watching it in high definition with surround sound makes it even better. I've started only watching Dexter in HD.

The music and the way a very mundane daily routine can seem grotesque and lurid when filmed at very close proximity are what make it exceptional.

Its a nice appetiser before the main course, and i'll always sit through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mr E wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but the intro makes me queasy... :)
    Its very clever, but I always jump ahead to 1m40s on my media player!

me too! lol a lad i know says it makes him hungry! :eek: :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, it's a great intro, but I tend not to watch it. It's kinda... creepy. I guess thats what they're trying to acheive, but none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really like the intro but not enough to watch it every episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I love th way that it makes everyday events particularly gruesome, without any obvious gore. It's all implied, using sounds.

Which raises the question - Is it the fact that we know what the story is about that makes us see the dark side of the intro, or is it creepy in and of itself?

yeah, i wondered that too! i imagine watching it on mute with walking on sunshine in the background would give very different connotations though! all about the music i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

It's a great intro, i always skip it though as i hate watching people floss :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

One of the best, and definitely the creepiest, intros ever. I tend to skip it though as it does go on a bit, and I've seen it enough now so don't need to see it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

basquille wrote: »
    'Weeds' is the one i always skip... the new singer variation each week on that just irritates me.

Nah always watch the Weeds one just to watch all the errors in the background like 4x4's disappearing and trees moving weirdly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I agree that it's brilliant but I too tend to just skip it. It goes on for AGES though...

Advertisement