Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man hurt using gun to change tyre

Options
  • 13-11-2007 1:49pm

Man hurt using gun to change tyre

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7091904.stm

A US man has injured himself in both legs after attempting to loosen a stiff wheel-nut by blasting it with his gun.
    The 66-year-old man from Washington state was repairing his car outside his home when the accident took place.
    Shooting at the wheel from arm's length with his 12-gauge shotgun, he was peppered with buckshot and debris.
    The man - who police say was on his own and not intoxicated - was taken to hospital with severe, but not life-threatening, injuries.
    The man, from South Kitsap, 10 miles (16km) southwest of Seattle, had been repairing his Lincoln Continental for two weeks, according to the police, and had removed all but one of the nuts on the right rear wheel.
    Frustrated by the one remaining nut which refused to budge, he resorted to fire power in an effort to shift it.
    "He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," said Deputy Scott Wilson, a spokesman from the sheriff's office.
    He sustained injuries from his feet to the middle of his abdomen, with some pellets reaching as high as his chin, police said.

Theres one born every minute!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

Only in America...:D

Did he get it off in the end though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Darwin Award nomination....

Did he get it off in the end though?
    Doubt it!, he'd been better off using the barrel as extra leverage.

When in doubt, shoot it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't think the word "accident" should be used in incidents like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Darwin Award nomination....

Might fail seeing as he somehow didn't manage to kill himself.

xebec wrote: »
    Well, he now has another chance at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why the hell did he imagine shotgun pellets would work? You'd need a .5" rifle round at least!

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mmm, gun control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

remeber the -6 is higher than -5 thread and people said no one is that stupid.....theres one born every minute!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Is there not an award for people who survive also :confused:

He could be the first person to ever collect their award in person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ya there is your man from the john west add with the bear fight won it 3 years in a row!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Is there not an award for people who survive also :confused:

He could be the first person to ever collect their award in person!

The requirement is that one is removed from the gene pool: i.e. you must be unable to procreate after the incident. Death is generally a pretty good way of ensuring this, but is not a requirement. If the injuries required amputation of the testicles, for example (or otherwise render them non-functional), Darwin Award nomination is viable.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer joins the NRA and uses his gun to turn off lights, open beer cans, turn off the TV, etc :D

Best quotes from that episode:
    "It coulda been a messy situation, but luckily, I managed to shoot him in the spine. Better hope the next place he robs has a wheelchair ramp!"

"And so you see, with a few minor adjustments, you can turn a regular gun into five guns."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

seriously..... IDIOT!
    what kind of gimp would try that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Or remove himself from the gene pool as per 'the rules'.

Why do they call it an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I bet though, just before he riddled himself with buckshot, it was immensly satisfying.

"Take that inaminate metal bolt, I'll show you who's boss - Yeee Hahhh!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The 66-year-old man

GW Bush is only 61, I just had to check. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Wow, some people are incredibly stupid, This stuff happens more in America because of the gun situation, I do believe there really is people as stupid in Ireland.

• Advertisement

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/patbundy/south_african_policeman.jpg?t=1194997276

Another potential candidate for the Darwin award.

or this one

In Wesley Chapel, Florida, Joseph Aaron, 20, was hit in the leg with pieces of the bullet he fired at the exhaust pipe of his car. When repairing the car, he needed to bore a hole in the pipe. When he couldn't find a drill, he tried to shoot a hole in it.

Advertisement