Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NV-U93T

Options
  • 13-11-2007 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Plan on picking up a GPS over the next week or so. I was looking on Komplett and seen Sony NV-U93T for €335.00 which looks a decent price. Just wanted to know if anyone has used one or the older U92 and what they thought about it.

Whats the coverage for Ireland like? As far as I know they use Navteq maps which I think have the best Irish coverage.

Or if anyone can recommend a better option for the same sort of money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i currently use a sony sat nav and am completely unimpressed with it. I have found it difficult to find places outside of the major centres and have also found it basically impossible to find dublin addresses without the proper postcode. Updates are only available from sony and are €120 each. I have been looking at getting a new unit as the maps on mine are atrocious and have had a good look and play with different units, but i think i will go with a garmin unit when the new navteq v10 maps are released, hopefully next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Go to halfords or some other place and ask for a demo of any sony gps, then any garmin gps, within 40 seconds you will see why you will never buy a sony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The sony mapping is never as up to date as garmin.

Advertisement