Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wharfedale 21" flat screen TV gone on the blink

Options
  • 13-11-2007 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Wharfedale 21" flat screen tv in Argos last April 12 months. Never had a days trouble with it until last night - it just turned off and now i can't get it to power back up. It didn't make a "bang" or no smell of smoke, nothing like that, it literally powered off. I thought maybe a switch had tripped on the electrical board, but nope!

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be wrong with this tv as i haven't got a scooby doo when it comes to TV problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are you referring to a flat screen CRT? I ask this as some refer to LCD or Plasma sets as flatscreen too.

Does a standby indicator come on?

It's likely to be a fault with the power supply in the set, maybe as simple as an internal fuse. Or dry joints, which seemed common on Vestel and Beko rebadges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Thanks Byte.

It's actually a flatscreen CRT. I should really have specified that.
    The standby light doesn't come on at all. When it worked... after powering on the light went red, then i had to press a number on the remote control or push the channel up or down buttons on the tv to bring it out of standby (light would then go green).

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Don't think the fault is serious so.

Have you tried changing the fuse in the plug?

Otherwise an internal fuse may have blown, or other component at the power supply stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

checked the fuse in the plug - that wasn't the problem. Don't have a clue about internal fuses so just brought it back to Argos and ended up with a 32" Acoustic Solutions LCD screen.

Hope this one will last longer. Fingers X'd.

Advertisement