Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Rooms - What do you take?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that most of my towels say 'PROPERTY OF CELTIC LINEN.

So let's have it, what do you take/have you taken from hotel rooms/hostels/B&B's?

Specifics ftw!

Hotel Rooms - What do you take? 173 votes

Not a thing, that would be thievery, down with this sort of thing, careful now!
    0%
    Pen/Pencil / Notepad / Headed Notepaper
    9%
    StarkRabiesl3LoWnAeirebhoySleepyNewaglishbikoFajitas!Genghiz CohenSinfonia[Deleted User]LeebyCormsterpaddymorrisonLouOBPerriBlack 16 votes
    The tiny midget sized toiletries / bog roll / teabags & sachets etc
    23%
    TheWolfgurramokCapt'n MidnightSleepySuaimhneachgibo_ieUser45701doonothingDublinWriterfunk-youmikemacNightwishwhiskeymanMick ShrimptonDinxminxdelta_bravoGerryRyanpokerwidow[Deleted User]starn 40 votes
    Towel/s (hand or bath)
    31%
    TheWolfDEmeant0rgurramoktommycahirCapt'n MidnightSleepymise_me_feinSuaimhneachgibo_ieUser45701_blank_doonothingDublinWritertechguyHungryJoeyGlowingfunk-youDel2005whiskeymanxzanti 55 votes
    Bed Linen / Pillow
    13%
    DEmeant0rMossy Monkvorbismise_me_feinUser45701_blank_doonothingmikemacDel2005xzantiDinxminxstarnJesus Wept[Deleted User]RuenDancorechterangelsfireprendykev_s88 24 votes
    Bible/ Shower Curtain / Lightbulb / Kettle / Rug / Vase / Mug / Bin
    4%
    User45701starn[Deleted User]RuenDancorCormsterMorbid.Angel 7 votes
    Picture / Rug / Lamp / Trouser Press or Iron/Ironing Board
    5%
    Karl HungusmagickUser45701_blank_doonothing[Deleted User]RuenbriantwinSennaCormster 10 votes
    TV / Chair / Table / Bed
    3%
    Karl HungusMossy MonkUser45701GerryRyanRuenCormster 6 votes
    Other
    2%
    Karl HungusleninbenjaminRuengreen123Cormster 5 votes
    Would you like an alarm call for the morning, Mr Bossarky?
    5%
    DEmeant0rmachiavellianmeCapt'n MidnightUser45701Dinxminxstarn[Deleted User]RuenangelsfireCormster 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

anything not nailed down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

was away with a few mates in belfast, stayed in the Holiday Inn, when i got home and opened my bag, there was a shower head. The cúnts had taken it off and put it in my bag.

Strange thing was, the hotel had our phone number and credit card, but they never phoned or charged us for it. Maybe it happens a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

anything not nailed down

When i seen the thread title I was thinking "bird and a packet of ribbed". Actually have 3 hotel room keys in my car glove box. Normally too pissed to find it when i get back to the hotel, and get another from reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just her innocence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I've noticed that most of my towels say 'PROPERTY OF CELTIC LINEN.
    Hmm, you know quite a lot of psychiatic hospitals have their laundry done by Celtic Linen. Never seen it in a hotel though:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yore ma, from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bed Linen / Pillow
    Robbo wrote: »
    Yore ma, from behind.

Well I did say specifics didn't I. :p

Touché Brother.
    Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Hmm, you know quite a lot of psychiatic hospitals have their laundry done by Celtic Linen. Never seen it in a hotel though:confused:

My secret is out :D:eek::p.

I've seen it in a few. Can't remember which hotels though. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Towel/s (hand or bath)
    I tend to only take the small cute useful toiletries.
    Anything else would surely be charged to the credit card...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Usualy take a brandy glass if I've enjoyed my stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bulbs, towels, shower curtains, pillows, bible, toiletries.

Actually none of the above, my card would be charged otherwise. :/ Maybe when I'm on business again and want out of the job, I'll try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Towel/s (hand or bath)
    My sister works for an airline and they get put up in a hotel if they're on a layover, and she was tellin me all the things people were robbin

screw towels, some guy robbed a plasma TV, packed lightly n just layed it in his case!

Another woman stole a chandelier! and she brought tools to take it out of the ceiling!

Madness! :p

Bed Linen / Pillow
    Jesjes wrote: »
    I tend to only take the small cute useful toiletries.
    Anything else would surely be charged to the credit card...

Don't think they can charge anything to a card unless it's been autorised by the card holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Don't think they can charge anything to a card unless it's been autorised by the card holder.

probably not 100% legal, but they defiantly do it.

Bed Linen / Pillow
    I guess they don't notice one towel per trip. Shower heads are a bit more obvious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Cormster

anything that ain't nailed down and can be easily carried in my luggage with out killing me with extra weight.:D
    Usually I don't bother taking anything but if I do get it into my skull to do so, I'll take whatever I might have a use for, in the hope both that I use it and that the hotel won't go bankrupt due to my thieving ways (missing bibles, miniture soaps etc are costly, I'd imagine ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Bed Linen / Pillow
    I sometimes take the towels if they are nice, but try and get them off the cleaners trolley instead of out of the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A hall porter and two maids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Archeron

A 4 x 4 square of carpet for the storage cupboard in my hall. It was from under the bed, so I doubt they noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

When I was a bit younger I stayed in the Hilton in Belfast and they had one of them fridges filled with bottles of baileys and everything that if you took one out, it would flick a switch and charge your CC for whatever you took. There was a tempting bottle of baileys there so for the fun of it, I rolled up a piece of paper, removed the cap from it when it was still in the fridge, kneeled down and proceeded to suck the bottle dry while it was still in the fridge. I was staying there with my dad and when I told him as he was paying the bill that didn't have the baileys on it, he set me straight and sent me up to the room to take the bottle out:o

More recently, as I don't drink tea or coffee myself so never bought any for my own place, I was in a hotel and there was a grand selection of tea and coffee in the room so I threw it all in my bag to bring home for any tea/coffee drinking visitors. I was in a B&B there just this week and there was packeted soap and shower gel, and instinctively I was going to take them but then I thought about it, the fact I didn't actually need them, so left them... what's going on with me! Noooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TV / Chair / Table / Bed
    Towels and a one time I took a painting with me. It was very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

a liberty !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

cormie wrote: »
    When I was a bit younger I stayed in the Hilton in Belfast and they had one of them fridges filled with bottles of baileys and everything that if you took one out, it would flick a switch and charge your CC for whatever you took. There was a tempting bottle of baileys there so for the fun of it, I rolled up a piece of paper, removed the cap from it when it was still in the fridge, kneeled down and proceeded to suck the bottle dry while it was still in the fridge. I was staying there with my dad and when I told him as he was paying the bill that didn't have the baileys on it, he set me straight and sent me up to the room to take the bottle out:o

More recently, as I don't drink tea or coffee myself so never bought any for my own place, I was in a hotel and there was a grand selection of tea and coffee in the room so I threw it all in my bag to bring home for any tea/coffee drinking visitors. I was in a B&B there just this week and there was packeted soap and shower gel, and instinctively I was going to take them but then I thought about it, the fact I didn't actually need them, so left them... what's going on with me! Noooo!

Little cormies growing up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

cormie wrote: »

I'm the same. Was at a freidns wedding recently and stayed in a B&B. They had loads of nice teas and coffe. Took it all. They also had Aero Hotchocolate. Took that too.

Also needed some hangers and took them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I dont take anything unless i actually need it, not being holier than thou here or anything, but i dont want the ****e clutter all messin up my gaff when i have no real need for it!

One time i was short of a large bath towel at home and towels are awful yokes when you buy them new so i took a hand towel and bath towel from the hotel i was in... Its not often you get good quality toliteries in hotels so usually not worth removing, although i did stay in a hotel once that had elemis or whatever ya call that posh stuff in the bathroom, was impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭green123

Other
    bed , table and chairs !!!
    great poll

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

The dressing gowns and slippers!!!!

And the hangers (the fancy ones)! Last one I got was big, cushy, silky and white with a cute little bow on top!

Did anyone hear this when they were talking bout it on Ray d'Arcy (maybe) a few years back. What people had stolen in hotels. Everyone had said things like toiletries and the boring stuff, then someone rang in saying they had stolen a matress. How the heck would you steal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

you authorize it when its given in as a security deposit.

To be honest, Since I come from a family of Hoteliers I don't agree with people taking anything more than toiletries or the Odd bath towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

i was on a trip away a few years ago and one of the lads swiped a mooses head from the reception area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Did anyone hear this when they were talking bout it on Ray d'Arcy (maybe) a few years back. What people had stolen in hotels. Everyone had said things like toiletries and the boring stuff, then someone rang in saying they had stolen a matress. How the heck would you steal one?
    That was a friend of mine.
    Same guy told how he passed his driving test by telling the examiner there was a little something (€100) in the glove box.
    This was followed by several calls from irate examiners saying they don't take bribes.
    He still hasn't passed his test.

We used to ring that show all the time when we were on the road and tell them all sorts of crap.

I got three minutes airtime explaining how the phrase "Cula Bula" originated in Guatemala and was a Guatemalan dish made from potatos, rice and sausage meat or some such combination.

It gave us a few minutes entertainment on a four hour drive to some shop in the arsehole of nowhere.

Advertisement