Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Player

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭

So my iRiver H10 has packed it in after around 3 years (Hard Drive errors after too many times dropping it), so it's time to get a new player. I'm looking for recommendations

The only show stopping requirment is it must have at least 20Gb.

The things I'd like but don't need are
    * Ability to add music and files in UMS (universal mass storage) mode
    * play OGG
    * Not too big, (i.e. I don't care about video so it doesn't need a big screen).

From looking around I was thinking of the iAudio X5, but if anyone has any other recommendations I'd be interested in hearing them.

Just as a note before the h10 I had an IRiver H100, which when you added Rockbox I counted the best player I ever had, so something that could do similar would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

You can put rockbox on the iAudio X5 too.
    Never used one but have only heard & read good things about them.
    Sounds like a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I've called around to a few places and apparently the X5 is no longer in production so is very hard to get now. So any other recommendations on players?

Advertisement