Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest place you have chatted up a woman?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

mine was the library....:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

In eddie rockets the other night, the poor girl behind the counter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Not a PI.
    Please read the charter as regards posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Personal Issues to After Hours instead. :D

Only last week this lovely (drunk) girl came up to me at the bus stop and said "Hi, can you phone me".*

* She couldn't find her phone in her pockets, but she got some slagging. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

:rolleyes: When I was bleedin ridin her :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

damnyanks wrote: »
    :rolleyes: When I was bleedin ridin her :rolleyes:

Yore Ma was ridin me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FingerToes

I met my wife at her grandmothers funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

FingerToes wrote: »

Heh. Was that on a farm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FingerToes

boreds wrote: »
    Heh. Was that on a farm?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

Melion wrote: »
    In eddie rockets the other night, the poor girl behind the counter

what did ya say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

daniel3982 wrote: »
    Yore Ma was ridin me! :D
    Did she use a big strap on?

Well this thread has gone off the rails quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If I were a straight woman, I'd be pretty offended by this thread. Feckin chauvinists :rolleyes:

Oh and the roma flower seller girl. She was 1 shower away from being the most beautiful girl in the world. +/- 15 pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I tried to chat up a girl on a Plane once, while waiting to use the toilet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Brothel. She was keen too....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I have locked this thread because I will no longer go to the bother of changing thread titles for those who are too lazy to type two extra letters.

I don't want to see txt spk in thread titles again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Not to step on your toes, Herr T but thread re-opened with a changed title - it was created in another forum... but, otherwise, the no txtspk thing stands...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

In the nucleus of a class IV supernova, 40,000 lightyears from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

On the way home from New York a few years ago.

I got to the airport with my mates and only realised at check-in that I was on a flight an hour later to the other lads. I tried in vein to get my flight changed to the flight my mates were on but it wasnt happening, The fault was the airlines and not mine so the kind lady at the desk bumped me to business class.

The lads were taking the piss out of me in the airport but the joke was on them. When I sat down my neighbour (so to speak) was absolutely beautiful and she started talking to me the second I sat down.

Long story short, we exchanged numbers, we met up in Dublin, a few times since then and I'm going to NY next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

In town at traffic lights when I was dressed as a stereotypical gay frenchman handin out leaflets

She was also french! Luckily je parle francais tres bien

No mcLovin tho :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    On the way home from New York a few years ago.

I got to the airport with my mates and only realised at check-in that I was on a flight an hour later to the other lads. I tried in vein to get my flight changed to the flight my mates were on but it wasnt happening, The fault was the airlines and not mine so the kind lady at the desk bumped me to business class.

The lads were taking the piss out of me in the airport but the joke was on them. When I sat down my neighbour (so to speak) was absolutely beautiful and she started talking to me the second I sat down.

Long story short, we exchanged numbers, we met up in Dublin, a few times since then and I'm going to NY next week.
    Some things happen for a reason...

Weirdest place I have chatted someone up was... a reenactment gig. I was dressed as a 16th century Gael, and he was doing entertainment for kids. A clownish guy being chatted up by a woman dressed as a 16th century person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Bundoran!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I chatted up a girl in a library in college (with a little help from my friends!). Very funny situation! Poor girl didnt know what was going on but we did go out a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

FingerToes wrote: »
    I once met a girl at a friend's Grandmother's funeral and ended up going on a date with her. Disaster of a date but that's another story.
    Jesjes wrote: »
    Some things happen for a reason...
    No they don't. Things just happen and we like to try find meaning to the serendipitous nature of things.

Strangest place I've ever tried to chat up someone was in a post operation theatre. I had just had an operation to reset a broken cheekbone and when I was regaining consciousness there was an absolutely cracking nurse there too, well I think she was cracking, I was fairly out of it on morphine. I kept trying to chat her up while slipping in and out of consciousness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BaZmO* wrote: »

I kept trying to chat her up while slipping in and out of consciousness.

Smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kearnsr wrote: »
    Smooth!
    I thought so. :D Although in fairness it's not much different to an average Saturday night out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

BaZmO* wrote: »

Strangest place I've ever tried to chat up someone was in a post operation theatre. I had just had an operation to reset a broken cheekbone and when I was regaining consciousness there was an absolutely cracking nurse there too, well I think she was cracking, I was fairly out of it on morphine. I kept trying to chat her up while slipping in and out of consciousness.

I've done it in the operating theatre itself. Having an op to stitch the top of my finger back together (it was hanging off) under local anaesthetic, so I could chat to the 2 nurses. One was a cracker and gave me her phone number afterwards, but couldn't do it in theatre itself cos the Pakistani surgeon was not impressed... fair play to him though, he didn't make a bad job of the finger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Bulgaria...

A nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

An older Spanish lady chatted me up in McDonalds once (I was 19ish, she was in her late 20's, gorgeous and drunk)

I was working there at the time, she stopped me in front of the counters and engaged me in a 10min conversation, it was only when the Manager came over to tell me to get the finger out that she left. Of course the whole kitchen was watching at the time - got a right slagging afterwards!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Best looking girl I've ever been with I chatted up in Supermacs at 3am. I gave her a right roasting for being from D4 and she took it very well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I picked guy up from street, I asked his friend what guy name is- then stuck out my hand for hand shake. Said 'Hi, my name is ....You are coming with me'

That was that and going out over 5yr now

Advertisement