Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you travel today??

Options
  • 12-11-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

If the strike affected you how did you travel to work today?

I thought it would add a good bit of extra time to my journey but I ended up being early for work.

I got the 103 to just before the Swords Road and then the 16a to Georges Street. I would have liked to have supported the drivers but I do need to go to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jamar

Drove on the M50..left very early mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Urbus to Airport. Aircoach to South Dublin, I didn't feel it would be right getting a 746 or a 16A

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The 17a wasn't running so walked from Howth Junction to Coláiste Dhulaigh... 40/45 minute slog with an A1 art folder under my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Had to get from Swords to Howth Junction. Walked the hour to Malahide and got the DART down. If it's the same story tomorrow i might grab one of the few buses from Swords to get to Santry or a 43 to Coolock and walk from there instead. Can't be any worse than an hour walk surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Midwest Guy

Other alternatives from Swords might be

43 to Fairview, 29A to Howth Junction

43 to Darndale Roundabout, 42B (City Bound) (3 to 5 min walk to 42B terminus on Blunden Dr)) to Harmonstown Station then DART

43 to Artane Roundabout , 42B (Blunden Dr bound) to Harmonstown Station then DART

Its about a 30 minute walk from Coolock to Howth Junction

There are probably a few other combos too. Haven't lived in that area in 15 years but those are the ones I remember. I know there were plans for the 29A to be extended to Clongriffen which is close to Clare Hall and the 27 but don't know if that ever happened

• Advertisement
Advertisement